Punderson Manor Lodge and Conference Center
Homewood
US$ 150
US$ 108
US$ 121
All reviewsstate parkpunderson manorindoor poolsledding hillscreened in porchinviting fireplaceghost huntingguest roomsnext morningsliding glass doorcross country skiingtwo sinksghost storiesview of the lakeboat rentalscabin stayhillside cabin
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 July 2016

I stayed at Punderson last week by accident as all the other hotels in Solon, where I needed to be, were fully booked. This was because of the convention in Cleveland.
The area is really beautiful, the greens, the park and the way to the manor look like a fairytale. When I entered the manor to check in everything seemed very old and dusty. The room was very dark, dark carpet, dark furniture. There was also a lot of dust. The room was not cleaned very well. The bathroom was ok and clean, the bed was very good. I had dinner in the hotel once, but that was not that good. At breakfast I asked for a small glass of yogurt and some cereals. They made me pay 10 dollars! A bit too much I believe. The manor needs renovation and when done, it will be a great place!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank linda_hagedoorn
Melissa_Arnold, General Manager at Punderson Manor Lodge and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2016

Thank you for your feedback. Punderson has updates in the works. In 2015 all the electrical and plumbing was updated, as well as the cabins receiving new flooring and furniture. In 2016/2017 the cabins will also receive new porches, siding, painting and roofs. We are also looking into Carpet and paint in the manor, however do not have a date just yet. Very exciting projects to come.

Reviewed 18 July 2016

I have always wanted to stay at Punderson to do some cross country skiing during the winter (and I still may), but there's no snow in July! My daughters and I enjoyed a wonderful stay at the lodge - we took advantage of the OHIO SURPRISE promotion which made eating in the restaurant very affordable. The room was clean, the beds were comfy, and the pools were amazing during the hot July days. The restaurant food was outstanding and I personally recommend the blackened chicken, the spinach salad and the mango shrimp! All delicious! Staff was very helpful and friendly. We did some geocaching as well - there are a ton of caches at Punderson!! The only sad part of trip was the beach - it was completely un-used due to the algae in Punderson Lake. While the sand was beautifully maintained, the lake water needs much work. A clean lake would really add to this state park.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room that has a small refrigerator if that is your preference.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Teri44313

Thank you for your positive review. It is great to hear that your experience at Punderson Manor was positive, the staff will be thrilled to read this review. I will pass along your comments and concerns regarding the lake to the appropriate area for review. Have a wonderful summer and look forward to your next visit

Reviewed 23 June 2016

Nice place though I was not able to take advantage of the pools and recreation which looked nice..My room was rather dark so next time I would ask for one in a different location.I asked for use of a computer..The one they had in an upstairs lobby had blown out and was out for repair I guess..Not good.
Bed very comfortable and shower nice and hot..both very important..Got coffee to go in the restaurant on my way out--$3 for a small..Really? Isn't this often complimentary in the lobby?
I would still stay again

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Debora S

Thank you for your positive review. The hotel had a power surge and unfortunately our guest computer was affected, however the computer is repaired and available for all guest use. We look forward to seeing you next time your in town.

Reviewed 20 June 2016 via mobile

What a lovey setting for a family/friends reunion!! We planned to celebrate a milestone birthday and it was fantastic. The park is lovely and we enjoyed great accommodations in both the lodge and cabins. The staff was incredibly helpful and friendly which made our events flow smoothly. There are activities for everyone in the park and it is a peaceful and restful location. Thank you for a wonderful weekend!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind review. It is always nice to hear about out guest experiences at Punderson Manor. The staff is pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, as each staff member works very hard to ensure our guest have a relaxing getaway. Have a wonderful summer and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 25 April 2016

The environment for this old manor was lovely with woods and lake and a true old manor. Old enough to have its own resident ghost! The restaurant here was good with very friendly staff and food that wasn't bad. The room we stayed in was spacious and had a view of the lake. The towels were rough and the WIFI weak. CAUTION: lots of stairs so I don't recommend it for anyone challenged by stairs. One elevator goes only to a 2nd floor conference area.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Melissa_Arnold, General Manager at Punderson Manor Lodge and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2016

It is wonderful that you had such a positive experience with your accommodations. The staff is always pleased to read such positive reviews, it is our pleasure to ensure you have a relaxing stay. As we are an original older Manor unfortunately we do not have elevators, however we do very nice cabins with minimal steps that would accommodate most. The WIFI is a little soft but as we are nestled in a wooded area this is to be expected. Thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.