“A really fine place to get snow bound!”

Punderson Manor Lodge and Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Newbury
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Punderson Manor is a lot of fun in summertime, but it's even more beautiful and just as much fun to stay there in winter. I recently spent the night there when around 12 to 14 inches of snow fell (only 3 to 6 were predicted). The rooms are warm and comfortable, the staff is very accomodating, and the meals in the dining room can't be beat. I highly recommend it for a winter getaway! Go hang out in the library with a good book. It's supposed to be haunted, and we have had orbs show up in pictures we made in that section of the building!

Room Tip: There are really 3 choices. Either lake view or front view in the new section of the lodge, or else...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank KentuckyRover
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 30 July 2011

We picked Punderson Park for my 50th birthday / family reunion and have no regrets! Some family members stayed in a cabin (#5) and loved it! It had 2 bedrooms with a large screened porch with a great view of the lake & a picnic table and bbq outside.Everyone else stayed in the newer wing of the manor and had no complaints! It was clean, well kept,and downright charming! The staff was great. The food was good. The bar or lounge was nice. And the lightning bugs in the woods at night were spectacular for the folks that had never seen them! There were 17 in our party and nobody had any negative comments .(Aside from mosquitos HA!) My boys miss it and want to live there someday.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2011

This was by far and away the very WORST PLACE WE EVER STAYED. My husband and I wanted a getaway and in the end, we just wanted to get away from this place!! The outside is lovely in a gothic sort of way, and the fact that this place is reportedly haunted makes it even better. But that's about it. Our room was so unclean. We on purpose decided to do a lot so we only had to sleep in our room, which should have been a red flag. At the end of the night, my husband already asleep, I pulled back the covers at there was hair that was not mine in my sheets.... I pulled down more and there was confetti. What the hell? I looked in the bed my husband was sleeping in and there was more hair. I went in the bathroom and there was hair in the drain and mildew on the sides. I went to wash my face and unfurled the washcloth, only to find what looked like--I kid you not--an old blood stain. That did it for me. I woke up the husband and after pleading, he complained to management, who seemed very irritated and asked what, exactly, we wanted. He demanded a new room, so they moved us across the hall. It was better, but still not even acceptable. The kicker--I went to make some coffee in the morning because I had a sore throat and there were old coffee grounds still in the pot. THAT WAS IT. Ridiculous. Never, ever, ever again will I stay here. When we checked out, the manager was nicer than the previous person and tried to give us a night free. My husband said, "Are you kidding me? My wife would never come here again!" And he's right. They at least gave us our money back. STAY AWAY!! This place is terrible!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank TrinityDiodore
Reviewed 8 April 2011

Its known for its ghost stories, we go out and go hiking and swiming . the cabins are wonderful , very beatutiful . we go with our family EVERY Year. It makes me and my little sister so happy ! you can feel the creepyness entering the manor . the people are wondeful the cabins are clean , the bomb fires are warm and cozy , all the family gets along . :)

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 November 2010

My husband and another couple spent 3 nights at Punderson Manor. It is a beautiful location on the lake and the manor is a beautiful structure. The rooms are nice enough and they are in the process of re-doing the bathrooms (boy, do they need it!) The dining room was nice, the service ranged from excellant to terrible over the 4 days we were there.. the food was consistently good. Interestingly enough the service from the front desk staff was also varied. . Some were more than helpful and others could not be bothered. One clerk even handed me a roll of toilet paper to take to my friends room! Great location for a wine weekend, some beautiful wineries with in 30 minutes.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newbury
18.8 km away
18.4 km away
Bertram Inn and Conference Center
26.3 km away
Best Western Plus Lawnfield Inn & Suites

Been to Punderson Manor Lodge and Conference Center? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK