All reviewswalking distancenice swimming poolnice hotelan upgradedeluxe roomstrategic locationroyal ambarrukmotoilettowelsmallbfastambarukmosignallobbyprosconsnoise
Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

Quite a good place to stay. Easy to find food at night. Near Ambarukmo Plaza. However, need to improve on the cleanliness as well as the service. Found bugs inside the room and there was a leak from the toilet. And the staffs should take action on that issue immediately.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

I made a reservation for a double-bed room without breakfast for 3 nights in May 2017. I remember the hotel made a great first impression; the lobby looked really nice and the front desk assigned us a room couple hours before check-in hour (we came to the hotel at 11-ish AM).
But we had couple of surprises, at the same day we got checked in, we experienced few inconveniences; the internet did not work properly in our room and our toilet won't flush :(
We asked them to give us another room but they couldn't afford that because the hotel was fully booked at the time though they promised to help us the next day.
After staying a night to that room, we got upgraded to another room at the 2nd floor which we honestly prefered. The room was okay, pretty spacious and everything in the room worked proportionally.
Despite that, I can tell the hotel is pretty old. The interior is old, I can tell the toilet has been used for awhile now.
Also, we checked for the restaurant just 30 minutes before closing hour but no one was there - it was empty, we did not find any staff running the restaurant. Similar happened to the swimming pool, it was almost midday and we did not see any guard to hand us towel so we had to look for it ourselves. If you choose to stay here, I wouldn't recommend any room in the 1st floor. Guests are walking around chit-chatting and all and you could hear them inside of your room. Always ask for room on 2nd floor or higher.
Overall, it was not a vibrant stay.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ptrcntss
Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

Had a conference at Royal Ambarrukmo Hotel, so decided to stay at this hotel since it was only a short walk away (5-6 mins walk) and much cheaper. It was good for what I paid - bedsheets and toilets were clean, and it's a good location being also rather close to Ambarrukmo Mall which has lots of eateries and shops. The room is of a good size and well-equipped. The only thing missing is a gym, but it was a short stay for me this time so it didn't bother me that much.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 May 2017

Situated right behind the luxurious Royal Ambarrukmo is this simple yet peaceful hotel which keep you away from the busy and heavily jammed Laksda Adisucipto Road yet it's just 3 minutes walk away from all amenities. Reasonable price, friendly staff, and good breakfast. Nothing toexpect more with a price of less than USD60. Only one down point which is the link road from the hotel to Laksda Adisucipto Road is a very dark at night. I hope the hotel management would improve the lighting along the road.

Room Tip: Please bring along a touch light if you like to walk to the hotel at night.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 April 2017

Pros : Strategic location, very easy to find, walking distance to one of the best mall in Yogyakarta. Clean room. Clean toilet. Adequate parking space. Nice swimming pool

Cons : Breakfast is disaster. Everything is empty. No fried rice, no noodle, no fruit, no bread. Worst is : tea & coffe is also empty. I've waited for 30 minutes and only fried rice got refilled. And became empty again in only 5 minutes. Avoid breakfast at this hotel !!
Internet slow and difficult to use... required to sign-in almost everytime.
Tv channel is limited and signal is bad.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family