All reviews m club shopping mall kitchen restaurant duty manager super nice hotel unique bathroom a great variety of food big sofa hotel doesn t have hotel attached great amenities the hotel was fully booked shower gel taman sari swimming pool is amazing teething issues soft opening
Reviewed 15 October 2018

A relatively new 5 stars hotel in Jogja.Adjacent to a shopping mall (Hartono Mall).Convinient to buy things that you need urgently, yet not crowded as the hotel well located at the back part of the parcel.Spaciious room with dominant grey marble.Full breakfast from local and international selection.

Room tip: Pool view is the best.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Marriott_JOG, General Manager at Yogyakarta Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2018

Dear Taufik_sd,
I am happy to read that you did have an excellent first stay here at the newly opened Marriott in Yogyakarta. Your comment is much appreciated and I am glad you enjoyed the comfort of your room and large bathroom concept as well as the big outdoor swimming pools and convenient location adjacent to the biggest shopping mall in the city..
Again thank you for taking the time to post your feedback and I do look forward to welcoming you the next time you visit Yogyakarta.
Alain Rigodin – General Manager

Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

Hotel has shopping mall on its right side. Just a minute walk. Big swimming pool. Nice breakfast. Big room size. 1 of top choice hotel in yogyakarta other than Tentrem Hotel. Big bed size. Very clean and friendly hotel staff

Trip type: Travelled with family
Marriott_JOG, General Manager at Yogyakarta Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2018

Dear Soedibyo L,
I am so happy to read that you hade a fabulous first stay here at the new Marriott hotel in Yogyakarta. Your comment and feedback is much appreciated and I am glad you enjoyed the comfort of your room, the big outdoor swimming pools and large breakfast.

Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

Very good hotel,rooms very large and comfortable,large shower,overall good room quite clean and silent, restaurant beside the pool has good food and great pizza, good gym and nice pool, overall good stay.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear SilverWing73,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your nice feedback on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at the Yogyakarta Marriott hotel. I am pleased to read that for your first visit you enjoyed the comfort of your room, dining experience at Taman Sari restaurant, the gym and the huge outdoor swimming pools
Again thank you for sharing your feedback and I do look forward to welcoming you and your family back the next time you visit Yogyakarta.
Kindest regards,

Reviewed 10 October 2018

My wife, six year old daughter and I stayed two nights at this hotel in April 2018. The hotel is located a short 10 minute ride from the airport.

The hotel is new and the staff is excellent. Our room was wonderful with a view of the pool and a distant volcano. Housekeeping was very thorough and the staff at the restaurants and reception were so friendly and helpful.

The hotel is located next to a mall and there are some restaurants in the mall. The breakfast buffet was huge and the staff are eager to help meet any of your needs.

We did not use the pool as it rained in the afternoon. We would definitely stay here again if we visit Yogyakarta again.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Marriott_JOG, General Manager at Yogyakarta Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2018

Dear Ajphilly,
I am so happy to read that you and your family did have a fabulous two-nights stay here at the new Marriott in Yogyakarta. Your comment is much appreciated and I am glad you enjoyed the comfort and view of your room and service rendered by our team members as well as the convenient location adjacent to the biggest shopping mall in central Java.
Again thank you for taking the time to post your feedback and I do look forward to welcoming you and your family back the next time you visit Yogyakarta.
Alain Rigodin – General Manager

Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed there for 3 nights in early October. Room was clean and spacious. Bathroom was semi open with sliding doors to the room. It was clean enough. Shower pressure and temp were good. Unfortunately the shower door was leaking. So there were always some wet area outside the shower door after baths. Beds were quite big n comfortable. Pillows however were not so. For us they were way too soft and flat. Lighting and ambience in the room was bright and welcoming. Everything in the room worked well.

Swimming pool was good and family friendly with exception that people were allowed to smoke there. In fact it's like the designated smoking area. With lots of children swimming and playing around, it should be a smoke free area.

Breakfast was ok. Not the best in taste but not the worst. The selection was vast though.

Spa was said to be good (according to my wife). Therapists knew what they were doing so my wife said. However, proffesionalism was lacking. During treatment, therapist stopped and went out of the room to take calls n such. The funny thing was, my wife made and appointment for me for the next evening. When I got there there were no one on the spa reception. There was a piece of notice that all therapists were busy and asked to call 0 for assistance. I waited since I was 15 mins early. No one was there until my appointed time. I rang the bell on the table twice every 5 mins. No response. I called 0 after that every 10 mins still no one was there. So I waited until 30 mins after my appointed time before finally giving up and went back to my room. About an hour later then it was clear that the spa got my appointment on the wrong date. That would have been much easier had they have a receptionist. The duty manager did call my room at 11 pm to apologize and offered 50 percent discount on my treatment which I cancelled. And no I didn't take his offer. However if they were actually really apologetic or serious about it then they could have given me the discount on the 1st day treatment. Anyway please have a receptionist there. Don't be so cheap. It's a 5 star hotel.

Location was good. Connected to a big mall. Parking was easy. Check in n out process was fast and easy.

All in all, it's not a bad place to stay.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Marriott_JOG, General Manager at Yogyakarta Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Dear Ferry K,
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Marriott hotel in Yogyakarta and sharing your valuable feedback with us on Tripadvisor. Your feedback and recommendation regarding the experience you had at the spa in particular is well noted and we will further work with our therapists to make the experience and process more professional and friendly.
I am pleased otherwise to read that you had a pleasant stay with us and did enjoy the hotel service and facilities provided including the comfort of your room and the hotel's premium location adjacent to the largest mall in the central Java.
Kindest regards,