See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 June 2017

My motivation for staying at this Motel was price.
It was very cheap and centrally located to shopping and visiting locals.
Certainly not the cleanest place I've ever stayed at but it was cheap.
If price is your primary concern this would be your place!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 2 June 2017

This location--which was once a Motel 6--has been upgraded. The rooms are on the small size: a single had a bed, 2 chairs and table,micro, fridge, but a large-size TV. For those who want to visit nearby "Amish Country" there were a couple attractive books in room. There are many restaurants and a Walmart nearby. The receptionist volunteered that the motel gives AARP and AAA discounts. Coffee/tea are available in the lobby at 6:00 a.m. Comfortable, clean and economical.

Room Tip: Like many budget motels, this one is patronized by construction crews, who go to work early on weekdays.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 March 2017

My friend and I stayed here one night and we were very happy with the price and the room. The front desk staff were very welcoming and helpful in offering directions to restaurants and the Kent State campus. The room had a walk in shower which I loved. I appreciated that there were two bars of soap so we didn't have to share the same one. It is a motel so you can hear outside noise but I wore earplugs for sleeping and wasn't disturbed at all. The bed was very comfortable. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
amy p, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn New Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2017

Thank you for the very kind words. We really appreciate them and come back anytime. We will be here for you

Reviewed 30 October 2016

It was economical, clean, and serviceable. That kind of sums it up. Needed a one overnight place, this did the job. Room was basic with one bed, one table, one chair, flat screen TV, mini-frig, and microwave. No beside clock, clock was on microwave. Room was clean, but worn, bathroom tiles misjointed and replaced. Edging on table stripped off. Bed comfortable. and the remote worked. No breakfast, but wifi that worked great. One quirky issue - handed over my license for id and clerk proceeded to photo copy it. I objected and asked why, was told that it was policy that they they did it for everyone. Replied that this was not something that happened at other hotels and could I have the copy back when I checked out. Was told yes. In the morning I asked for copy back and clerk was surprised and did not want to do it. Clerk also said that when people objected to the photo copy she did not do it. I asked what happened to these and was told that the photocopies are put into a box and stored. What an invitation for ID theft! She did tear up my copy in front of me. Neither clerk really knew why they did it and they each had different policies for following the procedure.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from highway noise.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Robert S
Reviewed 7 September 2016

Clean rooms and friendly personal. They clean my room and make up my bed daily.
I have been coming here for over ten years, this is the motel of my choice in this area.
Amy Jo, the manager, has done an excellent job in the upkeep of this motel.
They have a picnic table in back for those who prefer grilling.
Note: I give this 4 stars simply because it's not a high end motel .

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
amy p, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn New Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2016

Thank you very much for such kind words. We try our best to make sure we do everything to keep up the standards we set for ourselves to provide you with the best we can. please next time you are in town stop by and see us again. Sincerely, Amy jo