See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 March 2017

My friend and I stayed here one night and we were very happy with the price and the room. The front desk staff were very welcoming and helpful in offering directions to restaurants and the Kent State campus. The room had a walk in shower which I loved. I appreciated that there were two bars of soap so we didn't have to share the same one. It is a motel so you can hear outside noise but I wore earplugs for sleeping and wasn't disturbed at all. The bed was very comfortable. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
amy p, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn New Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2017

Thank you for the very kind words. We really appreciate them and come back anytime. We will be here for you

Reviewed 30 October 2016

It was economical, clean, and serviceable. That kind of sums it up. Needed a one overnight place, this did the job. Room was basic with one bed, one table, one chair, flat screen TV, mini-frig, and microwave. No beside clock, clock was on microwave. Room was clean, but worn, bathroom tiles misjointed and replaced. Edging on table stripped off. Bed comfortable. and the remote worked. No breakfast, but wifi that worked great. One quirky issue - handed over my license for id and clerk proceeded to photo copy it. I objected and asked why, was told that it was policy that they they did it for everyone. Replied that this was not something that happened at other hotels and could I have the copy back when I checked out. Was told yes. In the morning I asked for copy back and clerk was surprised and did not want to do it. Clerk also said that when people objected to the photo copy she did not do it. I asked what happened to these and was told that the photocopies are put into a box and stored. What an invitation for ID theft! She did tear up my copy in front of me. Neither clerk really knew why they did it and they each had different policies for following the procedure.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from highway noise.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Robert S
Reviewed 7 September 2016

Clean rooms and friendly personal. They clean my room and make up my bed daily.
I have been coming here for over ten years, this is the motel of my choice in this area.
Amy Jo, the manager, has done an excellent job in the upkeep of this motel.
They have a picnic table in back for those who prefer grilling.
Note: I give this 4 stars simply because it's not a high end motel .

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
amy p, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn New Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2016

Thank you very much for such kind words. We try our best to make sure we do everything to keep up the standards we set for ourselves to provide you with the best we can. please next time you are in town stop by and see us again. Sincerely, Amy jo

Reviewed 19 July 2016

Wasn't expecting a lot for the price, But it was not bad. Room was very clean and neat. Looked to be newly renovated, nice clean pool. Took about 20 min to get to Amish country, nice resturants nearby. Best place to eat was in Mt Hope about 35 min away Mrs. Yoders kitchen.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
amy p, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn New Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2016

Thank you for the kind words. Yes we are renovating the entire motel. We have changed our name as well. Please stop in anytime again we will have a room ready for you.

Reviewed 27 May 2016 via mobile

The staff and manager are the nicest people anyone would want to meet they will go above and beyond to make your stay enjoyable I will recommend all my family and friend to stay here in fact we all will be staying here in June when my son will be getting married

Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
amy p, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn New Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2016

thank you very much for your very kind words we really appreciate it.