“Great Value”

Days Inn Milan/Cedar Point South
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 11 March 2011

We drove from MA to WI, pulled of in Milan at this Days Inn. The front desk man could not have been friendlier. I had 3 kids who were in a car for 12 hours. He was patient, and considerate. The pool area was clean, rooms were clean. Not by any means a "luxury" hotel, but for the price, I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 November 2010

I stayed at the Days Inn on Route 250 for a drag racing event in Norwalk. I had 6 rooms for my family and friends from Detroit Mi. The customer service was bad as a mater of fact there was none. I noticed that everyday people were at the desk complaining and very upset. I felt bad for the front desk, becasue I work for a 4STAR hotel myself. I didn't expect the same level of amenities or excellent customer service that we give our guest. But I did expect a clean room and good customer service and everything in working order. My phone never worked and the TV had a snowy screen. I ran down the steps everyday and ask if this could get fixed, but it never happened. One night the attendant at the desk told me it would be a $10.00 deposit for it to work. I tried to explain that it was broken and he had my credit card, also I was only trying to call him about the TV. He didn't understand english to well. On my third day the bathroom was skipped so I had to run down the steps and ask for tissue, they told me that it was not skipped. Upon check out i checked out and left and my 18 year old was driving another car which I still had taken the keys by mistake. The attendant told her that she had already checked out and she could not wait in the lobby, I was only ten minutes away from returning. I was so angry that we spent money at this dump and all they care about is getting your money and not giving any type of service. The internet was not working and all she would say is I only have a engineer on Monday from 10 to 11 am. Well you wonder why everything is broken and she never said I apoligize for the inconvience. How could you put someone out of your lobby I hate to see if a guest was waiting for a plane or a cab, I guess you would have to get out on Route 250 with your bags. If a hotel require you to pay in advance and says no refund no exceptions do not reserve there.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Dell1226
Reviewed 13 August 2010

A cheaply built motel that is now showing its age. The tub barely drained. The towels were threadbare. The deadbolt wouldn't lock. The bathroom floor was in need of a thorough scrubbing and I can only image what was ground into the carpet. There was a large fan running in the hall to dry a mystery spot. I had reserved the room online and we could barely get the staff to verbally confirm that the charge matched the online rate - they would not print out anything to confirm it in writing.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank kate290518
Reviewed 31 July 2010

I ended up with this dump on priceline.com. After naming my price on a "2 1/2 star" hotel, i looked at the reviews for this hotel so I could see what the hotel looked like. I saw all of these horrible reviews that others have wrote, so we decided to check it out for ourselves in the morning before a day at Cedar Point. I asked to see a room before we checked in. My daughter has horrible allergies, and I wanted to make sure that there was no mold and dirt in the hotel like in the pictures. I was told that they were "full" the night before so they couldn't show me a room, but they "assured me" that I would be very happy with the room, and they would "clean it extra well" for my daughter. We finally arrived back at the hotel after a long 10 hour day at Cedar Point, and I asked to see the room before checking in. All I can say is WOW...just like the pictures, mold in the shower and the beds were so disgusting I wouldn't even let my ex husbands wife sleep in it! Needless to say we left WITHOUT our money back!!! I paid for a hotel I didn't even stay at....take my advise.....DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Jillie096
Reviewed 15 July 2010

Ended up not staying there. The place ended up being a dump. Was told when my husband and I filed a complaint to Days Inn we were told that it was under new ownership. But after reading reviews that go back to 2007 I guess that is what quite a few people have been told for at least a couple of years now. The front desk manager lied to us about being the front desk manager . We found out who he was through another person in the hotels staff. The front desk manager quite inconsiderate, the housekeeping staff does a horrible job at cleaning the room. We had black mold growing on the walls, dirty sheets that had big stains on them, we found hair on the sheets and the room smelled moldy and musty even for a smoking room. My husband checked with the front desk but we did not go into our room. We went out to eat first and when we finally got into room to relax I was horrified at the at what I saw. The decor was awful pee yellow in the bathroom. I guess the carpet in the Hotel itself must have been real bad when housekeeping has to used an extremely strong solution to mask the odor because the solution itself was so strong it was making us sick. Do not recommend this place and will not ever stay there ever. The only thing nice is the picture you see on the web site. Next time we travel anywhere we will check the reviews better.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple