“Hour and a half checkin!!”

Hampton Inn and Suites Cleveland Airport / Middleburg Heights
Zanesville, Ohio
“Hour and a half checkin!!”
Reviewed 25 July 2011

To the motel's credit, we did get the 100% satisfaction guarantee and was not charged for the room. On our arrival, 2-3 soccer teams and other guests arrived at the same time. The motel reports computer problems and remodeling as reasons for the bottleneck in the lobby. There was no preplanning for these large groups. Many room were not ready at 4:00, when checkin was at 3:00. Some guests in our party went to rooms that were not serviced. Some were assigned to rooms that had guests in them. My family was told our room was being serviced and would be ready in a few minutes. An hour and a half later, i raised hell and within another 15 minutes got a room. I appreciate the overture to "make it right" by not charging for the room, but this motel needs to do some strategic planning and contingency planning for these events.

This motel was the one our party was to stay in last year when a cleaning/maintenance crew set off the sprinklers. We were relocated to La Quinta a few exits north. La Quinta staff were totally unprepared for a soccer team, who needed 2 beds per room. The Hampton Inn staff failed to mention this as well as the number of people who would be arriving. Again, the Hampton Inn staff failed miserably.

Hampton Inn is on the bottom of my list of motels to stay in.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
from guess where
Reviewed 15 July 2011

Using their special Park and Go rate, my wife and I parked our car and flew to England for two weeks. We spent the night at the hotel on our return.

The staff were very welcoming and helpful. The rooms are nice sized, clean with comfortable beds. There is also a microwave and refrigerator in each room. Free internet is available. There are a number of additional services available - a laundry room, a small workout room with equipment, and a pool. There is a full buffet breakfast including cheese omelets, waffles, sausage, cereal, fruit etc.

There are a number of restaurants within walking distance and and a K-Mart is next door.

The hotel had their van driver transport us to the airport and pick us up, on demand. On our departure, the receptionist handed us "goodie" bags with a bottle of water, potato chips, an energy bar and a cupcake.

In short, we parked our car for about two weeks, spent a night in a hotel, and were transported to and from the airport, all for about the price of parking at the airport itself. They know how to do things right.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MikeAnnArbor
Lyon, France
Reviewed 21 May 2011

I stayed here with my son during a college visit in the area. It's in a convenient location for getting around by car, near some restaurants and shopping. (I did not try to walk anywhere; so I can't make any claims as to whether it's a good idea to do so or not. Conceivably it is, but I wasn't paying attention to the obstacles and concerns of pedestrians, like crosswalks, lighting, traffic barriers, etc.)

It's a very functional, fully-equipped, updated hotel with responsive service. I could give it 3 stars for being merely meeting all of our very modest requirements, but I'm giving it 4 (maybe 5...we'll see in a minute) for being everything that a Hampton Inn near the Cleveland Airport ought to be, and more.

So, the proof is in the pudding. My son decided to attend the nearby college and we need to return to the area to move him in. I'm visiting here to check on more recent reviews and I'm not even looking for other options. I just want to add my input to confirm what others have reported, whether they chose to go with 3 stars or 5 stars , that this Hampton Inn property delivers all that you would expect from a Hampton Inn. It doesn't have the fitments and lavish luxuries of more upscale properties...and it isn't a sorry excuse for some lesser brand that's repackaged as a Hampton Inn in name only. It is exactly what it's supposed to be.

Okay...I'm going with a 4. I had a minor toilet issue that they were very quick to respond to, so that's not a 5.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank DyerMaker
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 May 2011

Arrived at this Hampton Location and checked-in at the temporary desk in the lobby. The lobby is currently under construction but in no way effected the usability of the hotel. Don’t let the construction stop you from staying at this establishment. The desk clerk was very friendly and check-in was quick and efficient.

Arrived at the room and entered, the room was clean and well organized and of nice size. Inspection of the bed revealed clean, crisp white sheets and a freshly laundered comforter. The desk/work area was sufficient and the chair was reasonably comfortable. The high speed internet was acceptable. The bathroom in this hotel was very large, larger than all other Hampton’s I have visited and I really liked its expansiveness. The bathroom was clean and neat, well stocked with white towels and a good selection of amenities. The shower was clean, the water hot and the pressure from the shower head acceptable.

The television was LED, 32” and a good selection of channels. The hotel is quiet and I heard no outside noise what-so-ever. The HVAC is also quiet and unobtrusive and it did not interfere with my sleep when on. It appears this is an older property that is or has been in the process of being updated. My room was large and had an eclectic design. The colors were soothing and the accent wall adjacent the bed was a very nice touch. The room had a refrigerator and microwave, both clean and in proper working order.

I did not eat breakfast just had the coffee, which was fresh and had a nice flavor with very little bitterness.

The location of this hotel offers some restaurant selections within a short drive but nothing with-in walking distance.

Would I return, Yes, would I recommended, Yes. This hotel met all of my expectations for a Hampton Inn property, clean, quiet and comfortable. I found the price a little high, $125.10 room + $9.70 state tax + $6.88 bed tax + $3.75 city tax totaled $145.43 for a Wednesday night in May, 2011.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
lbober5017, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Cleveland Airport / Middleburg Heights, responded to this review, 25 May 2011
On behalf of the Hampton Inn and Suites I would like to thank you for your review. We appreciate your feed back and our employees enjoy the positive feed back from our guest. It's the fuel that keeps us going! Hopefully you get a chance to come back and see us when our perfect mix lobby is complete!

Louis Bober
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 5 May 2011

I booked my group at this hotel. It is convenient to the highway and there's a lot of resturant choices within walking distance, not to mention a KMart on the other side of the parking lot.

Matthew was extremely helpful and patient in checking in our group, who purchased 10 rooms individually. Everyone in the group was quite happy with their accommodations. The kids loved the pool. The beds were very comfortable with a lot of pillows. The room was neat and very restful and I was grateful to have a large flat-screen TV.

Overall our experience here was top notch, especially for the rate we received as a group. We'd definately stay here again.

• Stayed April 2011
lbober5017, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Cleveland Airport / Middleburg Heights, responded to this review, 10 May 2011
On behalf of the Hampton Inn and Suites, I would like to personally thank you for filling out the review. We hope you stop back and see us again. Our employees appreciate the reviews, it allows us to get better as a company. We are currently doing a lobby remodel. We hope you have a chance to stay with us in the future. We love having you here!!!

WIth Sincere Hospitality,

Louis Bober
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middleburg Heights
0.9 km away
Home2 Suites by Hilton Middleburg Heights Cleveland
Home2 Suites by Hilton Middlebur...
#2 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
0.4 km away
Comfort Inn Cleveland Airport
Comfort Inn Cleveland Airport
#7 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
0.3 km away
Sonesta ES Suites Cleveland Airport
Sonesta ES Suites Cleveland Airp...
#3 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
0.6 km away
Crowne Plaza Cleveland Airport
Crowne Plaza Cleveland Airport
#4 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
0.7 km away
Red Roof Inn Cleveland Airport - Middleburg Heights
Red Roof Inn Cleveland Airport -...
#5 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
5.8 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Airport

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Cleveland Airport / Middleburg Heights? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK
JPMiles / Payback Arrow

Additional Information about Hampton Inn and Suites Cleveland Airport / Middleburg Heights

Property: Hampton Inn and Suites Cleveland Airport / Middleburg Heights
Address: 7074 Engle Rd, Middleburg Heights, OH 44130-3423
Region: United States > Ohio > Middleburg Heights
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Middleburg Heights
Price range (per night): ₹ 7,262 - ₹ 12,853
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Hampton Inn and Suites Cleveland Airport / Middleburg Heights 2.5*
The Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland Airport/Middleburg Heights is conveniently located near both the Cleveland Hopkins International Airport and the I-X Convention Center. Our hotel has 97 guestrooms, suites and accessible rooms to accommodate all of your traveling needs. In addition to the free hot breakfast, fresh Hampton Bed and free high speed internet in every room, our hotel proudly offers the 100% Hampton Guarantee on every stay. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn and Suites Cleveland Airport / Middleburg Heights reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hampton Inn And Suites Cleveland Airport / Middleburg Heights Hotel