“Excellent food and service!”
Review of Timber Lodge

Timber Lodge
Ranked #1 of 138 Restaurants in Medina
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Famous since 1933, we're the home of only the finest USDA Prime and Choice aged beef, hand cut on premise. Our seafood selections compromise of the very freshest and varietal species our Cleveland markets fly in daily. We boast a Giant 1 lb. Lobster Tail! Our Award Winning rotisserie roasted Prime Rib is hand-carved to your taste and available each and every day. At Timber Lodge, we provide each guest with prompt and attentive service, eye catching portions of quality fresh food at recognizable values, all to provide a memorable dining experience.
Reviewed 15 January 2018

Waitress, Jessica, was especially good. Service with a smile and attentive to our every need! She did not steer us wrong with her recommendations. Filet Mignon was done to perfection. French onion soup was tasty. Stuff pepper appetizer was "out of this world". Very peaceful, comfortable surroundings in a lodge type atmosphere.

3  Thank kramztin56
Ron L, Manager at Timber Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2018

We so appreciate the great review. Jessica does an amazing job. She really enjoys what we are all about and it shows every shift. Please visit again soon and ask for her. She (we) loves repeat guests. Thanks again!

Reviewed 14 January 2018

Timber Lodge is a fantastic place !!! Always great service. My most recent visit got exceptional service from Anna.

3  Thank Randy V

Hi Randy, Anna and all of us here appreciate the quick response. We will continue to be that fantastic place you enjoy. Ask for Anna on your next time in. Thank You

Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

My husband and I have dined here several times. They know how to properly season and cook their meat. On this particular visit, our waitress Suzanne was fantastic - she took great care of us and our 5-year-old daughter.

Our 10 oz. sirloins were delicious, as were the asiago mashed potatoes (so good!), onion straws, salads, and rolls (oh, the rolls!).

The biggest drawback is the price tag. This isn’t somewhere we frequent regularly, more of a special occasion spot, for us at least. Our 10 oz. steak dinners were just under $20 each and our daughter’s cheeseburger meal with one side was $11.99. But, the quality is excellent, so you’re paying for a good meal.

3  Thank Love2Travel85

Hello Travel...Thanks for the wonderful and complete review. Suzanne does an amazing job. Been at it a long time with us. We are so glad she delivered a great evening out for the both of you. We hope to see you often, and please ask if Suzanne is available.

Reviewed 7 January 2018

We went here for my daughters birthday with a party of 9. The first thing we noticed was how cold it was. I was concerned when I kept seeing the waiters/waitresses crowding around their fireplace. We were seated against the windows where we had to keep our coat on the entire time and were still cold from the drafty window. I called and spoke with Cindy to advise her we would be there at 4:30. I did understand that it was not a reservation because it was a weekend but i thought it was in their best interest to seat us right away. We still ended up waiting 15-20 minutes. I think out of all our meals only 1/2 were warm and made correctly. I had to have my meal taken back twice!. The mushroom and onions had to even go back because they came out first and after 20 minutes they ended up cold waiting for my meal. How annoying to be eating an almost $40 meal as one item at a time because everything was brought out separately! Other people in our party had to have their meal taken back as well because it was cold. My mom ordered hot tea and it didn't even come out hot.....just warm! SERIOUSLY!!!! When we did have our meal the steak was fantastic, however, I was EXTREMELY disappointed to pay that kind of price, be cold while I ate and have the kitchen not be able to bring my food out hot, correct and cooked properly not once but twice! I know of some great restaurants where I can pay they same price and be warm and comfortable, enjoy a fabulous steak with the rest of my sides at the same time, Our waitress was great! I felt really bad for her. She gave great service. The manager came over once to see how things were and was told about a few things but did not return. Doubting if we'll be back. Makes me a bit sad because it used to be one of our favorite places. Lastly, if you want more bread be prepared to pay .50 for each roll! VERY TACKY to do that in an upscale restaurant.

1  Thank Gogoadventures
Ron L, Manager at Timber Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2018

Hello GoGo, We are sorry that we did not hit the mark with your group this last Friday. In review of your posting, it is obvious you have dined many times before with us and have enjoyed yourselves. We are grateful that you chose us for your daughters party. It is always a huge challenge to keep the restaurant comfortable in sub 0 temperatures. That comes along with the old world charm of a building from the late 1800s. We have replaced the windows, added 5 roof top HVAC, re insulated the roof, and we still have issues when we have these bitter cold and windy Ohio winter days. The wind blows directly on the glass. Even double insulated, with our blinds closed, it seems cold along the walls. So, please forgive us and join us on a warmer day. Please accept our apologies.

Reviewed 1 January 2018

We have always had a great meal here. The food is excellent as well as the service. Ask for Allie!! She was absolutely fantastic!

2  Thank Anthony C
Ron L, Manager at Timber Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2018

Hi Anthony , So glad you had another great experience at Timber Lodge. Happy New Year. We hope to see a lot of you in 2018, and ask for Allie. If she's working, we will hook you up!