“Consistently good Japanese food”
Review of Otani

Otani
Price range: US$ 20 - US$ 35
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 August 2016

This Otani has a Hibachi side and a regular restaurant side. You can order from either menu on both sides. If you want to see the Hibachi show--then sit on that side. Service is generally good on both sides and the food is good. Ask the waitresses what the recommend for the best sushi/sashimi--they often have specials.

Date of visit: August 2016
2  Thank sierradog1

Reviewed 1 August 2016 via mobile

Low light, good food, and all around awesome! The bubble tea is very good. Not sure if there is another place in this area that sells bubble tea.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 14 July 2016

Having lived in Tokyo for a number of years, we're always interested in trying a new place. We passed on the designer sushi for more traditional fare. The Oshinko appetizer was a generous portion and very good, the Katsudon above average, and he Shrimp Temura very good. Portions were generous, service was friendly and attentive, and although the interior could stand updating, the atmosphere was pleasant. Overall and enjoyable experience.

Date of visit: July 2016
2  Thank Keith K
Reviewed 14 June 2016

Took my son for a birthday dinner. We were looking forward to a great night based on the word-of-mouth recommendations.When you walk in, there are fake rubber dishes plated to entice the appetite, which I found to be very tacky. The restrooms were very old and kind of dirty. We ordered sushi as an appetizer and Hibachi dinners. The sushi came out after the soup and salad.The sushi was very fresh and tasty. The chef was entertaining.My son's lobster was over cooked. My strip steak was ordered Medium Rare and was medium-well at best. I came home smelling of burnt grease and my eyes burned form all of the smoke. The prices were way too steep for just a mediocre hibachi dinner. The dinner portions were huge...but as I said, way over cooked.

Date of visit: June 2016
2  Thank Joni K
Reviewed 25 May 2016

I went here with some coworkers after work on a Friday night and we had a great experience. Our waiter was very interesting and everyone there made us feel welcome. In addition, they give plentiful portions and there are so many options to choose from.

Date of visit: April 2016