“Overall, a good hotel”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Toledo
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Maumee
Reviewed 25 August 2012

Stayed here for one night on the way from Illinois to Pennsylvania. It's about a 5 minute drive off of I-80 but there are lots of restaurants/stores in the area.

Overall, the hotel was a good choice. Room had a microwave and refridgerator. The room was clean, however, when we crawled into bed, the mattress had a weird musty smell to it. The sheets and mattress looked clean but the smell was disturbing.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 July 2012

Lobby very welcoming. Room clean and beds very comfortable with memory foam. Nice pool with small workout room. Breakfast was excellent. Scrambled eggs , sausage waffles oatmeal yogurt bagels Danishes and muffins. Would look for a Country Inn again

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Bottom-line: Modern hotel; Clean; Indoor Pool & fitness center; Easy to locate; Restaurants, gas stations and entertainment in the area; Quiet accommodations; Close to Interstates 90 & 475. I would most definitely stay here again.

Check-in/check-out were quick and efficient. Room was clean. Included a fridge. Hotel has only one, very small elevator (but this did not prove problematic). Breakfast area filled up quickly, as it does at most hotels. Served scrambled eggs and sausage on this date. Hot breakfast and hot coffee; what else do you need? The hotel was to have fresh cookies available in the lobby, but I never saw any.

One and only one complaint - they gave me a different room configuration than what I reserved, and this change was not discussed with me at the time of check-in. In the end, we were very happy with the room; just caused some confusion on our part. I don't know if it was a mistake, or if they intentionally changed our room configuration. It all worked out, but could have been a mess had I not been okay with the change.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 July 2012

We were there for a funeral in May. We arrived at 2 in the morning. The front desk lady was very efficient and kind as were all the other staff members throughout our 2 night stay. I have trouble remembering everything because it's been two months since we've been there, but we will be staying there on our next visit. The whole place was very clean and comfortable, they had a library in front which was a nice touch. My husband tried the fitness room, it was clean and modern but very basic and small, and the air freshener smell triggered his allergies, we thought it was silly of them to have so much fragrance in a gym area. The pool looked very appealing and maintained however, we would have swam for sure had our personal circumstances been different. Our room was spacious, and the bedding was excellent as were the pillows. They stocked extra blankets and pillows and the bathroom was spotless and modern. There was no restaurant and the location scenery was boring, but we wanted to be close to the highway anyhow. What sealed the deal for us was that it was far enough away that you couldn't here the loud highway traffic, like at some of the hotels on the next exit. I'd recommend this place if you want an affordable, comfortable and reliable experience. The staff are very professional and pleasant.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Kikat
Reviewed 25 June 2012

So I don't write too many reviews but I think this establishment deserves one. I booked my room on Priceline and called a few days early to make sure I had two double beds and found out we ad a smoking room. I flipped out and my pregnancy hormones took over. I ended up calling the corporate office and threw a temper tantrum( and probably got an employee in trouble even though she was just doing her job), only to find out they were booked solid and that is all they had. Within a few hours later I received a call that they ended up giving me the exact room that I wanted even ( even though I booked through Priceline and they had every right to keep me in the smoking room). Anyway, the staff is extremely friendly and they go above and beyond to make your stay enjoyable. The hotel is very clean, very modern and has great amenities. Overall I would rate this hotel better than the four star hotel we stayed at the following night.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maumee
1.4 km away
0.9 km away
Best Western Toledo South Maumee
0.1 km away
Fairfield Inn & Suites Toledo Maumee

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Toledo? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK