“A fresh gem in Mason, OH”

The Wildflower Cafe
Ranked #3 of 164 Restaurants in Mason
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The owner/chef Todd Hudson uses locally grown ingredients to create fresh and very delicious dishes. He has won several awards. It is in a beautiful old home and they serve locally roasted coffee and locally bottled wines. It is a wonderful place.
Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

The review don't lie, this is fresh, local produce restaurant. Great wine selections. We had the burger with salad after fresh bread and wine. Finished up with the bread pudding. Everything was excellent. For the quality of the food I consider Wildflower a great value.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

I took a date there the food and service was great. I had a filet that grilled just the way I like it. My date have chicken and she told me it was delicious.

1  Thank David H
Reviewed 22 August 2017

And The Wildflower Cafe has enough stuff for every heart! After a day at the W&S Open in 93-degree heat for 5 of us, we were a party of 8 on a Saturday night. This included a 7-year-old, a 16-month-old and a frazzled grandma (that’s me). Our server, Gracie, was balm to our souls. Her service was phenomenal and so was the food she presented. From the imaginative cocktails to the surprising starters to the excellent entrees, it was all good. We were more than fond of the Mushroom Fonduta (I’m serious -- ORDER THIS), my husband’s filet was ambrosia, my chicken pot pie was a delight, our daughter and son-in-law are still having dreams about the lobster mac & cheese, and the kids’ menu (yes, they have a kids’ menu!) met even our granddaughter’s most stringent criteria. In addition to the gracious service and beyond-delicious food, the setting in this older home is lovely (and so is the lighting). What’s more, the staff worked with us to meet our reservation time (they’re so busy that it’s important to make reservations well in advance). Free parking is plentiful. If we lived in Mason, we’d be here every week. We are wild for The Wildflower!

2  Thank Denise K
Reviewed 20 August 2017

We always eat here when we're in town. Great locally sourced food. Always enjoyable and great service.

2  Thank PJTCox
Reviewed 8 August 2017

I found this site off the beaten path from the words of another reviewer. It certainly doesn't appear to be a restaurant from the road. However, after stepping inside and seeing the amount of care and passion they put into sourcing local food and beverages, I don't know that I'll ever pass it up again. Both times I had the Tenderloin Salad, and today's visit I tried the Fried Green Tomatoes (I don't even like Tomatoes!). Each item leaves me wanting more. I will be back again and I will continue to bring new guests with me!

2  Thank evankatt