“Awesome with Kids”

Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Mason
Portsmouth, Ohio
“Awesome with Kids”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

I went there with my family a few months ago and we loved it! The kids club was amazing and the spa was awesome!

Room Tip: Choose the room in Whispery Woods for the kids who play MagiQuest.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank ClayPanthersROCK
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
Springboro, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

We had a family of 7 that went to GWL this weekend. The room was goo enough for a night. However, for a room that sleeps 8, there is basically no gathering space in the room. Room was nice though. My only complaint is minor. Many of the railings and stairs in the water park were either rusty or were in desperate need of painting. All the rides were working great and we had a blast.

3 Thank lushou
Lebanon, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

I expected (so much for expectations) a higher quality accommodation experience than we got...we had the king "suite" which was nothing more than a regular hotel room with a king bed and fold-out couch. The air conditioner whined like an aircraft getting ready to take off and land every time the air compressor kicked on...the TV had a vertical blue line in it, and the bed had a slight tilt to the northeast. Other than that, the resort experience (water park, MagiQuest, food, etc.) was satisfactory. Next time we'll do the water park and stay somewhere else.

Louisville KY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012

My family stayed at GWL, Mason OH arriving April12 and staying 2 nights. This is our second visit. Overall our 11year old twins love this place! We were smarter this year in that we requested a room on a higher floor further down the hall to minimize hallway traffic and noise. We stayed in Room 3015. It was perfect. A Kid Cabin Suite which was clean and had bunk beds for our children. I will agree with another reviewer who said the bunk beds were small. My twins did fit but barely

The restaurants are pricy but we feel the food is above average. And convenience is a plus!

The waterpark is fun as always. I did notice however that the there was a difference in the waterpark temperature on Friday. The air was cooler, so when you were wet and walking around, it was cold. This was not the case our first night. That time it was very warm and comfortable being wet and in just a bathing suit

Again, We love GWL and would visit again

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Ilovegwtw
louisville ky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

I guess now we can say we have been to a Great Wolf Lodge.... We planned this over night trip while my kids were on spring break. The resort jacks up the room rates at this time-- I was aware of this. They act as though they have "spring break specials" but room rates are thru the roof at this time. We spent $348 (taxes included) for the Wolf Den Suite for ONE night. This room had bunk beds for the kids, a pull out couch and a queen size bed. Let me say something about the bunk beds--they are very small. My kids are 11 and 9. They are both tall and skinny. (My 11 year old is 5'4") They did not fit in the bunk beds and ended up on the pull out couch. Needless to say the bunk beds are for smaller kids. Had I known this, I would have saved the money and just had a regular hotel room.
The water park is ok. I have come to the conclusion that if I am at a water park I want to be outside in the sunshine. I am not thrilled to be in a bathing suit indoors. The water is cold and when you are wet and get out it is very cold. Be prepared that when you walk back to your room in your wet suit with wet hair, you will freeze!! The slides are fun considering they are indoor and are on a smaller scale than your outdoor water parks.
We only ate pastries at the resort for breakfast. For dinner we went to Dewey's Pizza (up the road a bit) Dewey's ROCKS--we have eaten it before while in Cincy.
For the money spent we could have spent 2 nights back in Atlantis Resort on Paradise Island in the Bahamas. Now granted, the Bahamas cost a little bit more that just a tank of gas to get there, but for the money we all agreed that we had WAY more fun at Atlantis in the Bahamas! So save your money --what you would spend for a couple of trips to a Great Wolf Lodge--and go to the Bahamas for a few days!
Great Wolf was clean and staff was great. Rooms were noisy when trying to sleep between midnight and 1am. Neat concept, but overpriced!

1 Thank loukymomof2