“Very disappointed with the perch”
Review of Wake N Bacon

Wake N Bacon
Ranked #15 of 20 Restaurants in Marblehead
Price range: US$ 2 - US$ 12
Description: We are now closed for the season. Reopening April 20, 2017. Located at Fort Firelands at the intersection of Rt. 163 and Rt. 269. All of our meats and cheeses are fresh never frozen. All of our food is cooked to order just the way you like. We will build your omelettes, burgers, sandwiches and salads to your specification.
Reviewed 27 October 2016

We were excited about eating here as had heard rave reviews about the breakfasts. But we knew they had "fresh Lake Erie yellow perch" so we went for dinner on an early Friday evening. Our first clue should have been that they weren't busy at all~~not like in the morning when it is packed for breakfasts. We both ordered the perch and I can honestly say it is the worst we have ever had. They must dredge it in Panko as it had a very crusty batter on it and so thick you couldn't even taste the fish. The French fries were okay but totally disappointed with the fish. I would actually give a 2 rating but because they are noted for great breakfasts and the place was clean I gave it a 3 rating. But from now on we will stick with breakfast!!

Reviewed 19 September 2016

I went there to try it out and see how it was. Well let me tell you my experience was wonderful. My waitress was very nice. She asked if i wanted coffee and was quickly returning with the coffee in hand. The coffee was better than i have gotten in other places before. I had the short stack of pancakes. They were just right for me. The cook had even came out and asked me how they were. All in all this place is worth checking out. I hope that your visit will be as pleasent as mine was, and I'm sure it will be. I look forward to going back again real soon since it is a local place. Awesome job to the staff.

Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

My wife and I went there with another couple while visiting Ohio and stopped in for a great breakfast and great service we are definitely going back. I had the Texas French toast it was delicious.

Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

Had a late breakfast here today. We both ordered omelettes with hash browns and toast. Everything was very tasty and service was also attentive and quick. Nice little eatery.

Reviewed 15 August 2016

Stopped here for lunch on a Sunday. Waited about 10 minutes for a table of 4 which wasn't bad. There was too much waiting after that though. Long wait to have our order taken. Super long wait for our food. Long wait to get our bill. We were seriously at this establishment for nearly an hour before we saw any food on our table. The food was very good and priced right but this place is not recommended if you are in a hurry.

1  Thank mattandangela