“Good BBQ, good selection of sides”
Review of Depot Barbecue

Depot Barbecue
Ranked #5 of 9 Restaurants in Madeira
Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

I took my boys to Depot BBQ while my wife was out of town. We went mostly to see the band of an old friend of mine, but were pleasantly surprised by the food. My sons got pulled pork and ribs and liked them both. I had the Burnt Ends, Broccoli Salad, and Macaroni and Cheese. Everything was really good. They had a larger than normal selection of sides compared to other BBQ joints. I like spicy stuff and the Diablo Sauce was spicy!

Reviewed 30 January 2017

Located in the old Madeira train station, this small place (seats about 25) offers the usual BBQ selections and about 6 different BBQ sauces, which is nice, ranging from mild and sweet to hot (you'll feel the burn). The interior is rustic. You order at the counter then pick up your food and find a table. I tried their Monday special - a full slab of baby back ribs for $20 (usually $26) and a side of potato salad ($2). The ribs were OK but a bit dry and maybe a bit old (?). The potato salad was OK but bland. I understand they get their BBQ from SmoQ, one of my favorite places. But the food at SmoQ definitely tastes fresher and is more appealing. I would consider coming back for one of their sandwiches but not for dinner. I could only eat a half slab so I ended up with a half slab of leftover ribs. Unfortunately I'm not real excited about eating them again tomorrow so I'll freeze them. Soft drinks and a limited selection of beer and wine is available. Parking is free.

Reviewed 7 January 2017

Live in Madeira and have tried twice. Nothing special other than convenience.I will travel down to Eli's off Delta next time. Worth the drive ! Fatty ribs and dry brisket. Pretty sure both are not prepared there. Something lost in transition from Smoq to here. Had hopes for a nice meal in this three time failure venue.

Reviewed 28 November 2016 via mobile

located in a former train station in downtown Madeira. Order at the counter, then sit down. Food comes quickly. Has beer and wine. Excellent bbq. Tasty, moist, done right. Half a slab is usually six ribs and is more than enough for a meal. Reasonable prices. outdoor seating area. decent free parking.

Reviewed 20 November 2016 via mobile

They offer standard BBQ choices. I had the beef brisket, while others had the pulled pork and smoked turkey. Everyone enjoyed this very much. The sides were good too, with the potato salad being light and not heavy at all. This is in a renovated train depot and is quite nice.