“great place to rest off the turnpike” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Macedonia

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Macedonia
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Macedonia
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
“great place to rest off the turnpike”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2012

Traveling from the east coast NJ beaches to Chicago we stopped off the Ohio turnpike at this very very nice motel east of Cleveland.
Sadie at the night desk was so helpful and the rooms were very clean.
We check before we sign up and I was amazed. She also gave us a wonderful Italian restaurant, Spennatos, just 3.5 miles from the motel.
The beds were wonderful and the price was right....
Enjoy your trip

Room Tip: take the rooms away from the highway....Sadie even suggested this too!!!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank nanosgy
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Macae, RJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2011

Stayed there for 11 days. and have no complaints at all. It is a simple but if you have a car the acess to everthing is very easy. Good restaurants nearby. The rooms are clean. The only odd thing is the acoustic isolation between the floors, if upstairs of your room there is a noysi guy then ... no sleep. so I recommend the top floor. The front desk people is very cooperative and kind. I recommend this place.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank Neriton
Muskegon, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2011

After a long day on the road we called ahead and spoke with a very nice person at the front desk. We were told "no problem" on a room, just come on in. We were greeted by Sadie at the motel. She was extremely nice and checked us right in. The lobby was very clean. Our room was clean. We had a very clean bathroom. There was some wear in the room but everything worked well. Very nice large screen television. What made our stay special was the front desk clerk Sadie. She was very helpful and directed us to a local restaurant, Spennato's. When we mentioned Sadie's name were were treated like family. Another great place in Ohio. I would recommend this County Inn & Suites to others and would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Greg P
Toledo, Oh
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2011

We stayed at the Country Inn last night, and I am giving it three points for cleanliness, for the great receptionist Sadie that helped me book my stay and checked us in, for the comfortable beds (and I'm picky) and the large flat screen tv. Two major things stopped me from rating this hotel higher. First, as others previously noted, there is no sound insulation between floors, and you can hear every footstep of the people above you. Since the residents above us decided to do aerobics or something similar at 4am, this wasn't a good thing. Definitely request top ( third) floor accommodations. And one of the main reasons I booked the room was because they promised a hot breakfast with eggs, bacon, sausage, buiscuits, etc. The breakfast was from 7:30- 9:30 am. We arrived before 9am, and there was nothing in the hot plates. I went to the desk and asked for the food, and they said they were cooking it. At 9:27 some burnt eggs and undercooked frozen potatoes were placed in the hot trays. They did have bagels, waffles you could make, some fruit and juice. But if you advertise a hot breakfast for 2 hours, my feeling is keep it stocked until the end.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor and get to the breakfast very early
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank E G
quip17
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

We arrived at the hotel around 6pm - after a 6 hour day on the road, 3 tired kids in tow. Check in went smoothly and we were placed in a room on the 3rd floor. Upon entering the room, it was spacious and seemed to be ok. But my heart sank when I found large sticky stains on the filthy carpet. The bathroom floor was in horrible shape - tiles cracked and grout BLACK and filthy. There were hairs an the toilet seat and on the bed. I was devastated! I spent 2 solid days looking for a hotel suitable for our family - I booked this hotel specifically for the separate room, the morning breakfast and the pool....I had even "splurged" a little and spent just over $100 a night for 3 nights. It was a dump! I went to the front desk and kindly explained the state of our room was not acceptable. The lone woman at the desk replied shortly "Ok, so you are wanting to leave, I will go ahead and cancel this reservation."
Um....no, we just drove 6 hours with 3 children, we are tired, hungry and there is no where I am going to find a place for us tonight!
I told her that I would like to move to another room. She said 'We have no more suites. Just regular rooms." That was not an option, so I pushed her further. She finally picked up the phone and called someone...and right away had another suite available.
I went up to look at it, before moving my husband and kids. It was alot cleaner - however it had no bathroom vanity and the sink was placed so strangely on the wall, I had to bend over to use it (and I am only 5'4"!). We moved all our stuff up and got ready for bed.
Then we found that the ceiling fan in the living area, where our kids would be sleeping, was busted. All the chains had been ripped from the fan, so we couldn't turn it on. This was a big deal, because the AC is in the separate room and our kids need white noise to sleep (and it was STUFFY). I asked at the front desk and she said she would have the custodian look at it in the AM.
In the morning, the staff began cleaning rooms at 7am...when checkout is NOON! They woke up my kids, knocking on the door at 7:45, so I put the do not disturb tag out until we left at 11:00am for the day. We returned at 5pm and our room had not been cleaned AT ALL (YES, the tag was taken down!).
I had to get my own towels at the front desk - and I asked about the fan and was told that a whole new part would need to be ordered so it could not be fixed during our stay. I was offered yet ANOTHER room - which I turned down. My husband did NOT want to move everyone all over again - and the bathroom floor in the new room was just as bad as the 1st room we were in.
The next morning, I had to go tell the house cleaning staff that we would be leaving shortly and would like our room cleaned. I knew they would miss it again, and I would have no where to put our garbage - all the pails were overflowing.
During our 2nd night stay, a door was slammed repeatedly just below us, beginning around 7pm. I heard it all night and my kids did not sleep well at all. Funny thing is, we were right over the front desk.

At no point during our stay were we offered a reduction in price for our inconvenience.
They really should employ more than one receptionist. I don't appreciate having to wait 10 minutes to ask one question, nor do I appreciate having our conversation interrupted by phone calls. Very poorly managed.

The breakfasts were fine, selection was different every morning. It would be nice to have yogurt cups, and not a communal pot of yogurt. Also, one highchair is just not enough....there were at least 3 toddlers one morning.

I will never stay here again - and will avoid a Country Inn and Suites in the future. I was royally hosed here - I have paid less at higher quality suites and they actually cared about their customers.

Room Tip: AC is only in Bedroom, not in living area. Hallway counter top is rediculously HIGH.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank quip17
Also consider these accommodations in or near Macedonia
0.3 km away
6.4 km away
Comfort Suites Twinsburg
Comfort Suites Twinsburg
#2 of 3 in Twinsburg

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Macedonia? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK