“Cozy, romantic, private!”
Review of Old Man's Haven

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Old Man's Haven
Ranked #16 of 29 Speciality Lodging in Logan
Reviewed 27 January 2012

My husband and I stayed at Old Man's Haven Cabin 3 over Christmas 2011, along with our 2 Labs. It was a wonderful getaway from start to finish! The one-room cabin, surrounded by trees, overlooking a pond and facing a large field, is very private, you can only barely see the roofs of two of the other cabins. The interior is exceptionally well-maintained and clean, a big job for a dog-friendly place. We cooked all of our meals, the kitchen is well stocked with the essential tools, just bring the food, The bed is very comfortable, plenty of blankets provided. The hot tub was great to relax in, outdoors in the cold air. The wood burning fireplace was warm and romantic, whether we were watching movies on the couch or laying in bed. And in addition to the year-round outdoorsy decor, they had it decorated for Christmas, too, a very nice touch! There is a fire ring and picnic table outside, and another picnic table below the cabin with a nice view of the pond. There was not a single thing that was missing, Dave and Cindy have anticipated every need.
We were fortunate to have unusually warm weather for December, so getting up the steep driveway was no problem. Walked the dogs in the field and they swam in the pond, a real treat for Labs! After hiking the famous trails of the Hocking Hills parks, Cabin 3 was a warm and cozy place to retreat to.
It was difficult to find a small cabin that was also dog-friendly, and to find one so inviting was a real bonus. I would highly recommend Old Man's Haven for a romantic, relaxing getaway.

Room Tip: This is a one-room cabin, might be a little tight for more than 2 people, but just right for couples...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Patricia G

Reviewed 14 November 2011

For our 20th wedding anniversary, my wife and I spent the weekend (Nov 4 - 6, 2011) in Hocking Hills. After researching extensively on the internet, we decided on Old Man's Haven and are glad we did. We stayed in Cabin #4 and we had no dissapoints and Cindy was great. The cabin was immaculate, and everything you can need was there, there was an abundence of top quaility towels and lineans and the cabin was well decorated (Cindy and Dave went over and beyond what one would expect in a vacation cabin), it felt like home and their attention to detail was evident.

The hot tub was great, the property fantasic and of course the Hocking Hills Parks and trails were wonderful. I also arranged a surprise couples massage thru Blue Valley Massage and wasnt expecting much, but guys you will be surprised at how relaxing it was and I (we) highly recommend.

We have nothing negative from our experience, the bed was comfortable, cabin well stocked, view and hot tub awesome. I did forget to get ligher fluid for grill and while running to the local store to get some (make a left on main road toward Old Mans Cave and is a couple of miles on right, has great ice cream also), my wife called Cindy and found out that their was 2 bottle under sink (I had only checked the storeroom off the bathroom). Lesson leaned, if you need anything call Cindy first!

Stay here and you will not be dissapointed. Cindy and Dave, thanks again for a great time, we will be back in the summer with our kids and look foward to catching some fish out of the pond.
Jeff and Vanessa

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SailorCleveland_Ohio
Reviewed 24 October 2011

This was our first stay at Old Man's Haven and won't be our last! We stayed in cabin #2 for 3 nights (10/19-10/23) and we cannot wait to go back. The property is mostly private and tucked away. The cabin was clean and cozy. You would never know they allow pets. Our dog Dutch was in heaven with all the trees, the atmosphere is indulgent. My husband and I were very impressed w/everything, the owners Dave and Cindy are kind and obviously take pride in their properties.

We were celebrating our 9th Wedding Anniversary and decided to have dinner at Rhapsody in Nelsonville, we HIGHLY recommend if you're up for a night of fine dining! ( I also recommend bringing along a iron/small ironing board as this is literally the only household item the cabin didn't have)

I also recommend doing the Hocking Hills Canopy Tours and adding the super zip. Highly worth the time and money!

We cannot wait to come back and bring our girls. Making new reservations now!!
Cheers to you on your travels! Jesse and Stacy

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank AllAmericanGirls
Reviewed 11 October 2011

I cannot believe that Old Man's Haven is just #3. It's #1 in our eyes! We have stayed at OMH about 6 times over the past ten years and have tried every cabin. I have recommened them to countless friends! Our favorite for the two of us is #4 (because of the fireplace visable from the bed) and #1 when our sons are with us. OMH was the site of our very first family vacation and it always feels like home. I have never seen so much as a stray spider web. I will agree that the matresses could be more comfortable....but understand why an inn keeper would not invest in a more expensive set. My only wish is that they owned a cabin that would sleep more than four as I would love to travel with my widowed mother. Dave and Cindy go out of their way to make you feel at home and I thank God that they share their little piece of Heaven with us.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank debwiltshire69
Reviewed 10 October 2011

My husband and I took a much needed break from our fast paced life and spent the first weekend of October in Cabin 4. It was better than we expected. The cabin is very private and cozy. We loved the fireplace and hot tub. Everything was spotless and the cabin smelled so nice when we arrived.

We took the advise of friends and bought groceries on our way. I was pleased to find everything we needed to prepare and enjoy our meals.

The weather was rainy and cold most of the weekend so we opted out of visiting the parks, but enjoyed walking the grounds with our Boxer, who especially enjoyed all of the wild life. I dont think she will ever understand why the deer ran from her when her only intention was playing :-).

We will definately be back to enjoy another stay. I hightly recommend this cabin for anyone wanting to get away for a quiet romantic time with their partner. The best perk is no cell service!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple