“Overrated food”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours
Reviewed 3 September 2017

We stopped in here for lunch because it had received good reviews on trip advisor. It was very disappointing. I ordered a salad and a sandwich. The salad was clearly from a bag that had spoiled lettuce in it. I picked out pieces of lettuce that looked like cooked spinach. It was so rotten that it left brown stains on my placemat. My sandwich had a lot of bread but probably not even a dollar's worth of meat and cheese on it. Parts of the sandwich didn't have anything on it. My husband ordered walleye and French fries which he said were ok but he's had better. When we brought the nasty salad to the attention of the owner he apologized and explained how hard it is to get fresh lettuce on the island. That's not our problem. After we paid for the full meal and were gathering our things to leave the waitress came and said the owner offered us a free drink or dessert to make up for the salad. That's the wrong answer and actually pretty insincere considering he had a chance to make it right before we paid. As for the waitress, she was clearly overworked and had to be flagged down to get any refills or for that matter, my sandwich which I had to ask for after my salad and my husband's meal had arrived. She was kind but didn't have time for so many customers.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Went here for lunch today. Sports bar on one side with pool table and lots of tv mostly set to Ohio state buckeyes or anything Cleveland. The side room is good for families. We get the chowder and perch basket. Tho my husband added a Ruben sandwich which he said was great. We sat right by the window which gave good views of the lake.
The service is good and the food is good. It's paper napkins and silverware but this is island life. Consistent. Bathrooms are just average clean. They are quick on the drink refills.

Reviewed 25 August 2017

3 of us had the special of Ribs and the best ever Mac and Cheese, plus cole slaw. 4th person had a Reuben and rated it one of the best. We would go back for the M & C and they should put it on the menu....it was that good.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

We were there when it was very busy. About what you might expect from an Island pub. Good seafood, the clams are pretty good for clam eaters, the fries are nothing to brag about.The Turkey club was MASSIVE! Bustling, but decent food.

Reviewed 18 August 2017

This is a very popular place. It has a great location in downtown. It is famous for Brandy Alexanders that it makes with ice cream and can be purchased by the glass or a pitcher. The fish fries are excellent.