Motel 6 Sandusky-Huron
US$ 90
US$ 79
ComfortInn
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 98/night.

US$ 79
US$ 83
  • Pool
Gull Motel Huron(Huron)(Great Value!)
US$ 81
US$ 163
US$ 110
ComfortInn
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 141/night.

All reviewscedar pointhot tubnice poolsave moneyother hotels in the areadefinitely stay here againfridge and microwaveminute drivebeds were comfortableright next doorsanduskyjamiekalaharihardwoodclerk
Reviewed 18 August 2011

I know, you get what you pay for, however based on the reviews I was hoping for a little more. The best thing going for Motel 6 is the fact that it is NON-Smoking, a HUGE plus in my eyes! I had a real problem trying to find a hotel that was non smoking in the area and did not charge a fortune. We were in the Sandusky area for 3 nights and know we were not going to be spending a lot of time in a hotel room. So with that said, it was okay for the price we paid.

Now for the negative, the shower/tub leaked non stop, the bed spreads were stained on both beds and the walls were dirty. This place could be a good stay at a great price if they would just have a better cleaning crew and laundry service. The other negative is the TRAIN. There is a train crossing and train tracks that are right behind the hotel. They are in service and used a LOT, so get ready to hear train horns all night long.

Reviewed 15 August 2011

I stayed here because my two favorite properties in Sandusky were already booked. This hotel looks new and it is very clean. The staff (especially Matt) was very friendly and helpful. My sheets were new looking and clean. My kids enjoyed the indoor pool and I got to relax in the hot tub.

There is a set of train tracks nearby, but I live near tracks where I live so it didn't bother me. The wifi could have been a bit better, it seemed a little weak, but that's my only complaint. This hotel is literally just off the Rte 2 exit and it is super easy to find. It was nice that I could leave Cedar Point via the "back door" chausse and was then a quick 3 miles back to the hotel.

Room Tip: If you think trains are going to bother you, stay elsewhere.
3  Thank Robert T
Reviewed 10 August 2011

We were in Huron, OH for a softball tournament last weekend. The coach made arrangements for a group rate so the whole team could stay at the same hotel.

Upon arriving at the hotel, it does look nice from the outside and upon entering the lobby, all looked well. As we stepped into the elevator to head to our second floor rooms, we noticed that the rug just outside the elevator doors is ripped and possibly a trip hazard.

We had two rooms. Upon entering the rooms, they are terribly dated (orange 1970s decor) which doesn't really bother me as long as the rooms are clean.

Our first room looked as if someone had slept it in prior to our arrival. The comforter and pillows were not in the correct place for a recently cleaned room, the dresser drawers had food/crackers crumbs in them and there were wet wash clothes hanging from the shower curtain rod in the bathroom. The toilet also did not work. Our second room was in a little bit better shape but could have use a good cleaning as the rug did not look like it had been vacummed in some time and there were plastic bottle caps and candy wrappers on the floor by the beds. The rooms also had the smell of a nursing home!

We left our luggage in the rooms and upon leaving the hotel to get something to eat, asked at the front desk to have both rooms cleaned. The woman at the desk was nice and seemed a bit shocked that the rooms were not cleaned. Upon arriving back at the hotel after dinner, the rooms had not been cleaned. We wound up fixing the toilet ourselves.

The next day we had 3 softball games scheduled. Upon returning to the hotel, we found that our rooms were not locked, presumably after maid service was done as we checked this prior to leaving in the morning. Also only one bed was made up...the other was left the same as it was left when we got out of bed in the morning!

It should be noted that two other family's on the softball team also had problems with their rooms. One had reserved a suite only to discover that the pull out sofa was broken. They were given another suite. Another family was given a reduction in their room rate for the weekend due to the unacceptable condition of their room.

Also, as other reviewers have mentioned, the close proximity to the train tracks is most definitely troublesome when trying to get some sleep! The trains do come by rather frequently, we are not talking one a night here!!!

We felt that we would have been better off staying at a campground versus this hotel. If you are looking for a clean place to stay, I would advise you to look elsewhere.

Upon checking out, we waited at the desk for approximately 5-10 minutes to speak to someone about getting a reduction on the cost of the room, however, no one was working the desk! We have since sent a letter to the manager and are awaiting a reply.

3  Thank neelie64
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Hidden gem. It's a solid 2 1/2 star hotel. Considering the competition it's sweet. You won't find a better value in the area. I honestly hope it stays hidden. Why the heck am I giving them a good review, hehehe. Seriously it's solid. Better then the rip off prices in the park.

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank Gridiron
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Pros: Plenty of clean bath towels. Free Cable. Cold AC. Free Ice.
Cons: Trash on the floor upon entering our room. Torn bed sheets. Full size sheet of plywood mysteriously placed in between the mattress and box springs. No complimentary shampoo. Noisy neighbors.

Considering all of the neighboring hotels in the area near Cedar Point are in the same price range and have similar reviews I guess this is status quo. Next time I will probably go for cheapest and closest to the park and keep my standards low.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple