All reviews equestrian centre whilst attending an event nice toiletries continental breakfast main road room was clean free wifi minute drive would definitely stay here again family room night stay stayed here for one night convenient location motel hosts accommodation foxtel
Reviewed 21 December 2017

A helpful gentleman on reception, gave us great directions to avoid traffic lights. The room was clean and didn't smell. The bathroom was bright and airy. We had a good night's sleep, even with the small bit of traffic noise. Liked the little note on the door that reminds you to take your phone charger with you.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan M
Reviewed 12 November 2017

We live in Melbourne, but this motel is on the opposite side of town to where we live and we have stayed twice before for family events in Werribee, so this was our third stay at this property. The first time we stayed it was part of the Best Western chain and was excellent, for a property of this type.

The second time we stayed they had temporary management, but still nice and friendly, we just didn't enjoy breakfast very much.

This time, our third, will definitely be our last. They are no longer part of Best Western and it shows. We had booked two rooms and it seemed very difficult for the man on the reception desk to have us pay separately. He said it would take 10 to 15 minutes if we wanted to pay for each room individually, and 10 minutes if we needed a receipt. As it appeared such a complicated issue for him I paid for both rooms.

I then requested a later checkout if possible please. This was never an issue under Best Western. The checkout is 10:00am which is awfully early on a Sunday morning after a 21st which was the reason we were staying. The request was met with a flat no as they were too busy on Sundays. I am sorry, but I cannot imagine that many people are checking into a cheap motel in Werribee on a Sunday!

When we got to the room, it was as usual, very basic, but clean and neat, all you can expect really from a motel. I was filling out the breakfast order when I noticed that the latest you could have breakfast was between 7:40 and 8:00am. Again, on a Sunday, that seems ridiculously early. We straight away decided to check out at 10:00 and go into town for breakfast.

On our previous stays, there have always been nice toiletries, including body lotion and a shower cap, so I didn't bother bringing any. I did check their website and there was a photo of the nice toiletries provided. This time all that was supplied was a mini shampoo and conditioner and one teensy cake of soap to be shared between sink and shower. I went to reception to request a shower cap and possibly some body lotion. The lady informed me that they no longer provide these things, that was under the Best Western system. When I pointed out that there was a picture on the website, she stated that the website was old, and they no longer had any. I did suggest it might be time for a website update.

The compendium in the room states that late checkouts are available - which they obviously are not - for the princely sum of $20.00 AUD per 30 minutes. It would have been cheaper to get a late checkout at a 5 star property such as Sofitel!

All up it is clean and neat, but if you expect service, friendliness, or even a smile, go elsewhere.

Room Tip: They are all the same
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank djh1
Alichia v, Owner at Werribee Park Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Not worthy of a response..

Reviewed 8 October 2017

I recently stayed here for 1 night whilst attending an event at the nearby National Equestrian Centre. This is a lovely motel. The room was large, spotless and had a very comfortable queen bed. The gentleman at reception was helpful and efficient.
The motel is close to all Werribee attractions and excellent cafes and restaurants are only a 5 minute drive away. They also have free WIFI.
TIP - when booking this motel do not book through online booking sites - go direct to the motel and they will give you a 5% discount.
I will definitely stay again next time I'm in Werribee.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 October 2017

Our room was spacious, comfortable and clean. The shower had great pressure compared to other places we've stayed and the towels were soft and fluffy! Although situated on a main road, the rooms were nice and quiet. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank GWHUA
Reviewed 11 July 2017

We stayed here for one night in a family room. The room was huge, and there was lots of space to spread two kids out. The room was clean and fresh and exactly what we needed. My only criticism, was that there was no heater in the bedroom, only in the main area, which is where the parents would sleep. It points right over the bed and with it being the middle of winter we would have appreciated a heater in the bedroom. Other than that, a great night's stay. Would happily come back again.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family