We visited Strahan in January and the Discovery Holiday Parks met our basic needs. We had a cabin which was relatively well priced for Strahan. The staff were friendly enough and helpful whilst I believe the office was open until about 7.30pm. The site has laundry facilities and is only a short easy walk (10-15 minutes) into the main part of town.
As the previous reviewer said, it is basic:
- cooking facilities are 2 hob plates and basic grill with the odd BBQ outside
- beds are just comfortable enough
- bathroom facilities are the norm for these types of cabins and work well enough.
However, it is clean and the cabin's living area easily caters for 4 people.
We found that it did the job for the couple of nights we were there and you'll find it hard to do better for the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strahan Holiday Retreat is situated on 8 acres of tall trees and Platypus streams. Perfect for families or large groups. There is an eclectic mix of cottages and cabins that range from Studios to four bedrooms homes. Most accommodation is larger than average with room to move and fully equipped with everything you need for an overnight stay or longer. Serviced and un-serviced sites offer camp kitchens and family bathrooms. There is a Cafe and shop on-site and a tour desk and activity hire. Bikes and Kayaks are available plus sandboards , beach cricket etc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Strahan Holiday Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Strahan Holiday Retreat Tasmania