All reviewsbed and breakfastfellow guestsbreakfast was deliciousnext morningcold nightold buildingold world charmyogurtdannyensuite
Reviewed 18 September 2016

First impressions - WOW. I had no idea something so exquisite existed out here. It's amazing. It's like an Aladdin's Cave. It's warm, welcoming and just plain beautiful. I've run out of superlatives. And it's all spotlessly clean. You'd yhink with all of the knick knacks there'd be dust. But no. Not a speck.

All the many times I have been coming up to Oatlands and I've never stayed here. I have no idea why I haven't but I have to say, if you are intending to spend a night or so in Oatlands, do it here.

The guys are just awesome. Nothing is too much problem for them. I have never come across such wonderful cheerful service. Danny is funny, cynical and amazing and I was really sad to say goodbye. He works so hard to make everything wonderful and goes out of his way to do what he can to make your stay as pleasant as possible. I was only there two nights and wished it could have been more.

The house is wonderful, with a beautiful and surprisingly cosy guest lounge. Danny was there both nights stoking up the fire. I began to wonder if the poor guy ever got any sleep. The dining room is also equally beautiful and breakfast is served promptly. A wonderful cooked breakfast that is included in the price - as it should be for a B&B.

My room was upstairs and yes the stairs are steep but Danny carried my bag up the first day and bringing it down was no problem. The room itself was lovely, lots of space and again lovely period furniture. My only tiny tiny gripe was that the mattress on the bed was not very nice, probably needs a mattress topper on it, but I was enjoying my stay as a whole so much that it hardly mattered. The en suite was up a couple of steps from the bedroom. It was small but adequate. I didn't mind it at all. The tv in my room didn't seem to get too many channels but that didn't bother me either because I spent both evenings down in the guest lounge and mostly had it to myself.

I just loved it here and as I said earlier, cannot say enough nice things about it. It's wonderful places like this what makes Tasmania such a fantastic place to visit. If you are planning a trip down there you really must try to put Oatlands on the map and stay here. There's surprisingly quite a bit to do in town during the day including a visit to the impressive Callington Mill, which is right there in town only a short stroll from the Lodge

But whatever you do, try to stay at least one night here. I don't think you'll regret it.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 September 2016

We had such a wonderful stay at this B&B. The house if full of such wonderful treasures - 2 of them being the owners Danny and Gerard! We stayed in the family room which was spacious and spotlessly clean. The beds had electric blankets and were very comfy. The downstairs sitting room was so cosy with a lit fire each night and complimentary port. The breakfast was HUGE and soooooo tasty. Oatlands is a real treasure. Be sure to visit and definitely stay here!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 September 2016

Everything was perfect, charming hosts, never laughed so hard! Had the best breakfast EVER! Would stay here again and again. Situated right in the heart of charming Oatlands township. Worthy of a long weekend!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Monika K
Reviewed 15 April 2016

The Lodge is in urgent need of rehabilitation. It is tired, chintzy and cold. Mattresses need replacing downstairs room. Linen, particularly towels is worn, old and stained. Heater/s did not work. Just a dreadful experience!! Beware.

Room Tip: upstairs may be better but forget downstairs ever!!
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gkwylie
Reviewed 9 April 2016

We were touring Tasmania and I just by chance picked Oaklands as a place to stop and we happened onto this great little B&B. It is in a historic building (1837) with wonderful furnishings. We were so happy that we stayed there. It was a highlight for us of our stay in Tasmania. The rooms are very nicely furnished and there is a common/sitting room area that had a wood burning fire which gave the place a great warm homey feeling. The place is chocked full of antiques.
Our bed was very comfortable.
The breakfast was great. However, unless you have a BIG appetite, tell the hose that you don't need a full serving of everything!

Room Tip: Romantic B&B in a historic building that is part of a great heritage town of Tasmania.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple