All reviewsbed and breakfastfellow guestsbreakfast was deliciousnext morningcold nightold buildingold world charmyogurtdannyensuite
Reviewed 23 September 2015

we were directed to Oatlands Lodge by the tourist centre in town and what a find. Danny who took us up to the house was so friendly and helpful. The room was warm even thought outside it was cold. The guest lounge had a big fire and port and sheery to drink after returning from dinner. There were books to read and the room was decorated in the period of the building. I expected a woman in a crinoline to appear. Danny made us feel at home. Even the cups in the room for tea/coffee were fine china! The breakfast the next morning was perfect. There was everything one could ask for. All served on beautiful china with glass and china bowls. I loved every minute of our stay and would thoroughly recommend it to anyone passing through. It is central to everything in town.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2015

This Edwardian B&B was absolutely delightful. My adult daughter and I stayed in a twin room upstairs. The room had an ensuite and tea/coffee making facilities. The room was decorated with a mixture of antique and not so antique pieces and was warm and cosy. The beds were very comfortable and we had a very good night's sleep despite the very cold temperature outside. The cooked English breakfast was served beautifully with a lovely table settings and a great collection of bits and pieces on display. Dan was a wonderful host and made us feel quite at home. Highly recommend this accommodation.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2015

This was a terrific place to stay. We spent the night there in June 2015 in ground floor No. 2, and it was nice that we were the only guests. Danny and Gerard were wonderful hosts. The service was excellent, great breakfast, and the antique décor was appreciated. We had met Danny at the Pancake & Crepe shop, which they also run, at lunch time, and that place was excellent also. We will stay again on our next visit.

Room Tip: Ground floor is best. We would book Room No: 1 next time - a twin room.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2015

I needed a central location to stay while purchasing a property in the area. I had eaten lunch at The Pancake and Crepe Shop, which was lovely, and was told about The Oatlands Lodge, which was also owned by the proprietor, Gerard. What a wonderful choice....I was welcomed and made feel at home and so very cosy in one of the upstairs rooms. Breakfast was a treat, but even more so were the lovely conversations with Gerard, telling me about the area and. Immunity to which I just become a part. So glad I didn't drive onto to Hobart, but, instead became an "Oatlander".... I will definitely be back to stay while I await the settlement on my new home.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 June 2015

My sister and I stayed the night at Oatlands and it was sophistication with style, friendliness and warmth. The rooms are elegant with all needs meet for a comfortable night in a homestyle firer light house with delightful owners who tell a great story without being intrusive.
I enjoyed my breakfast that was cooked to perfection.
My sister throughly enjoyed her first experience of staying in a B&B ..
Thanks Guys!