All reviews oatlands lodge bed and breakfast fellow guests breakfast was delicious next morning cold night old building old world charm yogurt sandstone danny history host ensuite convict
Reviewed 26 June 2015

I needed a central location to stay while purchasing a property in the area. I had eaten lunch at The Pancake and Crepe Shop, which was lovely, and was told about The Oatlands Lodge, which was also owned by the proprietor, Gerard. What a wonderful choice....I was welcomed and made feel at home and so very cosy in one of the upstairs rooms. Breakfast was a treat, but even more so were the lovely conversations with Gerard, telling me about the area and. Immunity to which I just become a part. So glad I didn't drive onto to Hobart, but, instead became an "Oatlander".... I will definitely be back to stay while I await the settlement on my new home.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 June 2015

My sister and I stayed the night at Oatlands and it was sophistication with style, friendliness and warmth. The rooms are elegant with all needs meet for a comfortable night in a homestyle firer light house with delightful owners who tell a great story without being intrusive.
I enjoyed my breakfast that was cooked to perfection.
My sister throughly enjoyed her first experience of staying in a B&B ..
Thanks Guys!

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 March 2015 via mobile

This place is just brilliant. The colonial atmosphere is spot on, beds are comfortable and it very quiet. When we stayed it was $120 a night which included an excellent full breakfast and this represents extremely good value. Very Highly recommended

Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 January 2015

We stayed one night at Oatlands Lodge and it was lovely. Gerard and Danny were wonderful hosts and made us feel so welcome. The rooms are comfortable and well-quipped with everything you could possibly need, from hairdryer to iron. The breakfast is, to say the least, daunting in size but delicious. Dinner in Oatlands is a bit of a problem over the holiday period. There are lunch options but often the only place open of an evening is the pub over the road. Take the advice of earlier reviewer Dave and fill up at Danny’s and Gerard’s Pancake Place at lunchtime, or one of the other cafés, and have cheese and crackers or something in the evening to avoid meals at the pub over the road. I can honestly say the meal at the Oatlands Tavern (or whatever it is called) was my worst in three weeks in Tasmania. But Oatlands is a Georgian delight and well worth a day’s exploration.

Room Tip: Request a downstairs room if you can't manage stairs. Rooms upstairs are warmer in winter.
Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 December 2014 via mobile

Don't bother with anything else.

The boys have it all under control.

You will want for nothing, especially if you time your meals around their crepe cafe opening hours so you don't have to go to the pub !

Stayed: December 2014, travelled with friends