“Decent ”

Geeveston Bakery and Pie Shop
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Geeveston
Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

Stopped here passing through Geeveston to the airwalk.

Had a hot gravy roast pork roll which was great. Bread fresh and made it great. Huge selection of pies. Great selection for a meal or even a snack in the middle of the main street.

Reviewed 22 May 2018

We had never heard of scallop pies but a lady manning a driver reviver station in NSW said we had to try the pies at Geeveston. They were as good as she had said, delicious. We later had scallop pies with a few more scallops but nothing to touch the pastry and flavours.

Reviewed 16 May 2018

Ran into friends who'd enjoyed lunch, staff made room for us to sit with them, there was no rush, no pressure for anyone to vacate the table. Pies were excellent

Reviewed 26 April 2018

We stopped here for lunch "on spec", not having any idea what we was ahead of us. We had coffee, a pie (curried scallop for me, Thai prawns for him), and shared an Eccles Cake (haven't seen them for years!). Lovely feed, and good,friendly service. However, the highlight was the bakery itself! Beautiful timberwork, slab tables, and interesting photos and articles on the walls. Wish I could go back!

Reviewed 13 April 2018

Unfortunately, my review will be a little bias because my wife had a pie at this bakery several years ago and said it was the best pie she had ever eaten, so naturally I was very excited to visit Geeveston bakery along our way to the Tahune Air Walk. The bakery is charming and looks the part with an old town feel.

I had the famous Curried Scallop Pie and the family tried several other pies including the Scallop Mornay, Bacon and Cheese Pie, Chunky Stake and Curried Chicken. I also tried the sausage roll. Overall they were tasty, but a little dry and the pastry wasn't overly crusty like a good pie should have. To be fair, we did show up at around 2pm and so the pies may have sat all day, making them a little dry and over done by the mid afternoon.

Unfortunately, my high expectations weren't met, but that's a personal bias based on my wife's experience. I've had pies at several other towns and bakeries and still only rate them around 3 out of 5. Hope others have better experiences.