“Just amazing”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

While in Geeveston we stumbled upon this very small place because of the long line of ppl outside the shop. We went to investigate and learned the story. We had join and we're the 2nd last customer that got served. Behind us ppl were told 'sold out'. What a jewel this is! The miso soup definitely was the best we have ever eatenand we had many. Now we know the rubbish we often get served. We tried what was left on sushies, manly with salmon. Oh dear it was so good. We'll be back, but make sure to be early in order to get a wider choice.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

While not normally a sushi lover I was keen to try Mr Masaaki's and I am glad I did. This was quality sushi masterly made with fresh ingredients and was sold before sitting in a cold servery for hours. The ingredients for each style was blended well to compliment the individual seafood or vegetable style, The range of options was impressive and the quality of each was great. In fact it was so good I went back to get another box full that was eaten the next day and it still tasted fresh and enjoyable then. And the price was very reasonable.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

I rang and ordered sushi to pick up for 7 people, I left msg on facebook very early in the morning as I assumed they would be up early being their busiest day but had not got a response by 10.30am so I rang and placed an order and drove down from north of Hobart to collect. We have eaten their several times and cannot fault it but when we picked these 5 bags up and got them home a lot was quite dry and they were only in cardboard trays in paper bags, I feel it they were in the plastic containers they would have been ok, we had an small plugged in fridge in car and once back at Huonville went into Woolworths and purchased some plastic lidded takeaway containers and put in what we could, those ones were fine when eating that night, the sushi rolls that we couldn't put in the containers were quite dry. All in all still good and could have been a lot better if packed from start in plastic takeaway containers. This guy does make the best sushi in Tasmania, we eat a lot of Japanese, I think for takeaways they should be in plastic containers, I realise a lot grab and eat them straight away but when you have to travel with them this needs to be taken into consideration. I still will continue to go and order there but maybe request for big take away order to have in plastic containers. Well done Masaaki's, you have certainly put Geeveston on the map

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

We rang on the day. Told have a booking available at 2:00 pm. Done. We were amazed at the service, friendly staff and the food is better than Nobu in Melbourne at a third the price. Well done Masaaki’s.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

Booked a table and had sit down lunch. Masaaki's really lived up to the hype. Perfect food, and a must if you are in the area. I hope the people of the area appreciate how fortunate they are to have food of this standard being served.

1  Thank Greg L