“Surprising”
Review of The Old Bank

The Old Bank
Ranked #2 of 10 Restaurants in Geeveston
Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

Thoughtful, unusual and surprisingly clever food. The wallaby ragu with gnocchi was a knockout. Friendly, efficient service. Go for the daily specials and let the chef do his thing.

1  Thank Jenjonno

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

Great food - great service - authentic decor. I had the chicken sandwich - lovely! I tried my friends risotto which was excellent. The in-house made desserts were beautiful and plated with care and attention to detail. Don’t miss a meal in here if you’re in the area.

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

We called in for lunch today. Great service and even better food. I can honestly say it was the best burger I've ever eaten. The hand cut Tasmanian smoked bacon was superb. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

Quirky design yet still very warm and inviting. Fantastic food! ( I think maybe the best French toast I’ve had) . Totally loved this cafe, definitely my new go to cafe when in the Huon:)

Reviewed 15 April 2018

My wife & I stayed overnight at the Old Bank Building and the rooms were beautifully presented, plus had that old world charm you look for in a building of this era.
Breakfast & Coffee was excellent and all sourced from local fresh produce. The meals are served in a new addition to the building which is actually called "The Conservatorium".
All staff were so friendly, especially the owner, Sharon who gave as a tour of the premises and gardens. Explained the different types of fruits growing, and introduced us to "Sir Gordon" the rooster who is a Cygnet icon. Be sure to ask about him.

1  Thank Rob W