“What a view, wish I’d have stayed longer”

Cradle Mountain Wilderness Village
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

A stunning location with great views. Everybody was helpful (and there were plenty of wombats around!) If I was lucky enough to stay longer I’d be tempted to just bring my own food and stay in the cabin - they’re really nice (and the restaurant a little pricey for what you get IMO). DVD selection a great source of amusement :)

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Stayed here for one night as part of our honeymoon road trip around Tasmania. The cottage was very nice, small kitchenette was great. Lovely gas log fire warmed the room up nicely. We called ahead to say we would be checking in late and were left our keys at reception which was really nice. We didn't dine at the restaurant, so I can't speak to that. The staff were very pleasant on check out.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2017

So,I only got 1 wet cold day to do Cradle Mountain(out of 3),but the snow experience made it up for me.
I was at least able to do the small walks before the park entrance(free at least),and the next day did the lake circuit in the rain with snow all over the track(makes it slow going),but the next day was totally snowed in.
I think the staff should try to remember that people like me,whove never lived anywhere near snow,need to know what the procedure is for being completely snow bound.I had no idea but spent most of my time in the lounge as theres no wifi in the cabins.
Plus at least i wasnt too far away so I could walk there through the snow.
The room was great and plenty warm.
This is the best positioned to stay at CM as it is within walking distance of the Visitors Centre where all the info is,dont bother being near Rangers station-noone there.

Room Tip: I was upgraded to a spa room but I dont personally like spas,so dont see the need to have one.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights. The cabins were well maintained and cosy. Wifi is only available in the lobby and is very patchy so plan to disconnect from technology for a few days! Restaurant is ok - for dinner we could only order entree-sized share plates which is a bit strange. Would have been nice to have the option of a main meal. Nice cosy fireplace and beautiful views in the lounge area. Location is great as it's across the street from the visitors centre and a few mins drive from the park entrance.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 September 2017

We also got caught up in the road closures from the snow. I called the day before asking what there policy was, they said we would loose our money regardless. She was SO rude and you could tell she did not give a crap! This was for our 1st Wedding Anniversary, I understand alot of people would have been calling but seriously how hard is it to show some compassion! LUCKILY the roads opened the day we came so managed to get through. The cabin was gorgeous and I had no faults with it. But the staff ruined this place for me. I will NEVER stay again and would not recommend this placeto everyone! How could you not even offer another nights stay incase of snow!

Room Tip: We had the romantic Spa Cabin which was amazing!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alicia D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park
0.3 km away
Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge
#1 of 2 in Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park
0.6 km away
Cradle Mountain Highlanders Cottages
Cradle Mountain Highlanders Cott...
#1 of 6 in Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park
4.4 km away
Discovery Parks - Cradle Mountain
Discovery Parks - Cradle Mountai...
#3 of 6 in Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park
63.3 km away
Lake St Clair Lodge
Lake St Clair Lodge
#4 of 6 in Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park

Been to Cradle Mountain Wilderness Village? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Additional Information about Cradle Mountain Wilderness Village

Address: 3816 Cradle Mountain Rd, Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park, Tasmania 7306, Australia
Region: Australia > Tasmania > Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park
Bar / Lounge Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 6 Speciality Lodging in Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park
Price Range: ₹ 11,387 - ₹ 18,610 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Cradle Mountain Wilderness Village 3.5*
Cradle Mountain Wilderness Village is situated in temperate rainforest in Cradle Valley on the edge of the World Heritage listed Cradle Mountain/Lake St Clair National Park in Tasmania. Cradle Mountain Wilderness Village strives to provide guests with a natural wilderness experience in highland accommodation in Tasmania without compromising comfort. Our private, self-contained cottages and chalets in Tasmania have been carefully sited in the rainforest so you are surrounded by native plants and wildlife. Our Cradle Valley accommodation offers a variety of cottages catering for the travelling couple up to larger family group. The Wilderness Village at Cradle Mountain boasts a contemporary restaurant featuring modern Tasmanian cuisine with views through temperate rainforest along the Cradle Valley to Cradle Mountain. Hellyers Restaurant has been crafted using local timber and stone. A large central stone fireplace will comfort guests needing to recharge after a day on the track. Hellyers Restaurant is open for dinner Tuesday - Saturday from 6pm, and guests are invited to enjoy a drink from the bar in the guest lounge from 2.30Pm. Continental breakfast hampers are available for guests to pre-order, where they can prepare from the comfort of their self contained Cottage or Chalet. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cradle Mountain Wilderness Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Cradle Mountain Wilderness Village Hotel
Cradle Mountain Wilderness Village Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park, Tasmania