All reviews spa cottage electric bbq cradle mountain premium cabin national park self contained premium spa electric blankets bedroom cabin heated towel rack dove lake guest lounge own meals cooking facilities food supplies the cottages living area
Reviewed 25 September 2017

So,I only got 1 wet cold day to do Cradle Mountain(out of 3),but the snow experience made it up for me.
I was at least able to do the small walks before the park entrance(free at least),and the next day did the lake circuit in the rain with snow all over the track(makes it slow going),but the next day was totally snowed in.
I think the staff should try to remember that people like me,whove never lived anywhere near snow,need to know what the procedure is for being completely snow bound.I had no idea but spent most of my time in the lounge as theres no wifi in the cabins.
Plus at least i wasnt too far away so I could walk there through the snow.
The room was great and plenty warm.
This is the best positioned to stay at CM as it is within walking distance of the Visitors Centre where all the info is,dont bother being near Rangers station-noone there.

Room Tip: I was upgraded to a spa room but I dont personally like spas,so dont see the need to have one.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights. The cabins were well maintained and cosy. Wifi is only available in the lobby and is very patchy so plan to disconnect from technology for a few days! Restaurant is ok - for dinner we could only order entree-sized share plates which is a bit strange. Would have been nice to have the option of a main meal. Nice cosy fireplace and beautiful views in the lounge area. Location is great as it's across the street from the visitors centre and a few mins drive from the park entrance.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 September 2017

We also got caught up in the road closures from the snow. I called the day before asking what there policy was, they said we would loose our money regardless. She was SO rude and you could tell she did not give a crap! This was for our 1st Wedding Anniversary, I understand alot of people would have been calling but seriously how hard is it to show some compassion! LUCKILY the roads opened the day we came so managed to get through. The cabin was gorgeous and I had no faults with it. But the staff ruined this place for me. I will NEVER stay again and would not recommend this placeto everyone! How could you not even offer another nights stay incase of snow!

Room Tip: We had the romantic Spa Cabin which was amazing!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AliciaD57
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed in a 2 bedroom Premium unit unfortunately we got snowed in totally. The first morning there was no water due to frozen taps, I called the reception and received a blunt response, you'll be put in a que with the others,no tact.
We decided to leave the next day because we weren't able to go anywhere due to the snow. I called the same receptionist, once again we'll put you in a que. We waited 5 hours gave another call a different lady was on, sure we'll send the truck now.I needed to get out before darkness arrived.
I don't understand how the only person we communicated with was so rude and unprofessional.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Hutstar
Reviewed 12 September 2017

Made a booking for 2 nights but was unable to get there due to heavy snow blocking the road and was told i couldn't be refunded due to a strict refund policy! Pretty unfair seeing as there was no way to get there! If you plan to stay here i wouldn't risk it in Winter/ Spring as you have to cancel 3 days in advance if it is looking like it will snow.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple