All reviews new owners cold winter's night great western highway dinner breakfast comfortable beds lamb shank wedding venue place to stay great shower an overnight stay good size single bed spent two nights spa bath electric blankets blue mountains accommodation
Reviewed 25 August 2018

I was treated to a couple of nights here with a friend. We had separate beds being in one of the executive rooms. It was all we needed as my friend had to work over at the University and I spent the days out and about. The heating was acceptable, the front doors were not though as they moved with the wind and did not seem so secure. The new Managers were kind and accommodating. They explained they had inherited several maintenance issues and were working on each one as fast as they could. I have managed accommodation and it all comes down to the budget of the owners. So I had no complaints, just let them know that a light was not working near the wardrobe and they explained they would have to call in an electrician. We didn't really miss the lighting so I'm sure they go onto this as soon as we checked out. There is no food service to the room, I had to ask for teaspoons and wine glasses and suggested a tea towel for when the crockery was washed it could be dried, all in the bathroom sink. It's out of town so it's a fair walk for anyone not having a car. Their are a few interesting places nearby, such as the lake, the graveyards and a neat little craft shop. I chose to drive into town and walk around it which took a good afternoon. This is another struggling town so to get more people out to stay there would help keep the town afloat. The Motel was very nice overall with the restaurant open and my friend had no complaints about her meal and commented the wine was very nice too. We will go back.

Room tip: Doesn't really matter as the road was not that noisy.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 August 2018

I recently enjoyed an overnight stay. I requested an early check in which was quickly confirmed. The motel is very comfortable, and the rooms were warm, even when the temperatures were 0degrees feeling like -2.
the restaurant had a huge welcoming fire and great food for dinner and a delicious breakfast. The management team were fantastic, and do an amazing job looking after our stay.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2018

I was initially weary about booking here due to the proximity to the highway but was surprised with a super clean room with comfortable beds, excellent shower temperature, excellent heating and fairly priced.

I ended up staying for 2 nights for a wedding I was attending at Seclusions some ~10kms away.

The staff were good, however there was a couple of issues with the water supply being cut off due to a fire hydrant leak which weren't communicated as well as they could have been.

Overall I would recommend Bowen Inn to anyone looking to stay in Lithgow.

Room tip: Check the water temperature before jumping in the shower, it's super hot!
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 15 July 2018

Our room was lovely. It had a queen & a single bed. It was very cold outside at night, so it was a bonus when we discovered electric blankets on the bed! The ensuite was large, and there was tea & coffee making facilities. We had a wonderful meal in the Surveyor's Restaurant. Which had an interesting ceiling, like a dome that was completely covered in wood. There was a fireplace as well. Very warming on a cold winter's night! My partner had the pork belly & I had the Bowen Duet, which was chicken & beef with 2 prawns on top. Delicious! Breakfast was in the restaurant as well. It was a self serve with cereals, bread for making toast, yogurt, fruit etc. We really enjoyed our stay. Next time we're in Lithgow, we'll be staying there! It was a peaceful night's sleep!

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ozzie007
Reviewed 23 June 2018

We spent one night here during winter - Nice clean comfortable warm motel room with all the essentials. After spending the day at the Japanese Bathhouse, it was great to not have to drive far to our accommodation. They have a lovely restaurant with roaring warm fire and good food. We had dinner & breakfast here. The Managers are a nice young couple who couldn’t do enough for you. This is our second stay here & will stay again.

Date of stay: June 2018