“Fun”

Ranked #3 of 4 things to do in Bingara
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

John is the best cowboy ever, calm and fun.
We topk a lot of rides
We mustered cows and horses and camels.
I Will go there again

2  Thank Stubbuffe

Reviewed 4 December 2016 via mobile

Great morning spent riding the horses along the Gwydir River, friendly staff and patient with beginners. Well worth the visit!

Reviewed 29 July 2016 via mobile

I would like to thank the Jackaroo hostel for an experience of a life time. What an amazing four days, could of easily been 2weeks. The hostel would have to be the most accommodating, clean place I have ever stayed in. If you are after a tranquil place, surrounded by beautiful rainforests, not to mention the view of a life time, well Jackaroo Bingil Bay is a must. I definitely would love to go back some day :)

Reviewed 8 September 2015

On my first trip to Australia I wanted so much to get the McLeods Daughters feel when riding and mustering on an authentic Australian farm. I found John Wades place on the internet and I could take the train from Sydney to get there.
In 2008 when I visited, it was hostelstyle with dorms. Luckily John offered me a little cabin, because I'm totally not a person who like to share bedrooms. It was a dream come true, mustering sheep, cattle and even horses. I had the greatest time! Would recommend every horse loving person to try this once in your life!

2  Thank dutchie68
See more reviews
Reviewed 28 March 2015

After backpacking out to John Wades farm, at Garawilla, I have returned three other times with family and friends all with a wonderful experiences. Friendly fun atmosphere and good home cooked food, along with sunset rides, river rides, mustering horses and cattle, working with young and unbroken horses it's an experience not to be missed. Whether you are a novice or experienced rider it's the perfect opportunity to get out and taste the jackaroo jillaroo way. I have loved every minute of it every time, and would recommend it to anyone and will certainly be back.

3  Thank LynnLPM