See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 September 2011

Yes, there is noise at night - cows and steers mooing in the distance, horses baying, parrots squaking, and lots of dogs barking.... even had a cat in heat one night. This is life in an open hilltop palapa, and it's all part of the experience of living amonst the towns people. We had a 4-foot iguana in the shower one morning. Loved the area, loved the hiking and eating and the wonderfully friendly locals. One of the most memorable trips yet. Hope to return one day, and will likely stay and Casa Rosa.
Jeni & Mary
Indianapolis, IN

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jeni P
Reviewed 29 June 2011

The casa was ok; it was grand and the views were pretty nice. I found out that it was overpriced as soon as we got there. There was basically no local support as we were lead to believe. We should have brought large beach towels. I didn't know we were going to have to manage our own garbage and burn our toilet paper. We bush camp all the time and aren't queasy but I thought it was weird that we weren't told that in advance. I think that for $85/night you should be able to get some good info, a good map, and actually have some useful information once you get there. The laminated info sheets were out of date and random. We had two nice evenings in our palapa but after that the noise got to us; any time a band played, it sounded like they were in the front yard. Our neighbours in the casita were very unhappy too. The owners had my previous review kicked off this site which is sad really. I would only recommend this place to people in the off season who were really into basic/rustic living. The hot showers were good and we let the casita people use ours because theirs would only provide 2-3 mins. We were surprised to have to use a match to light and start our heater tank. I won't likely return to yelapa.

Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
7  Thank googlywoogly
yelaparesident, Owner at Casa Rosa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2011

Hi, I'm sorry that you didn't like burning your toilet paper, I know it seems weird, but that is standard everywhere in Yelapa when you rent a house. The hot water heaters are exactly like the one you have at home and the pilot/heat can be left burning so you have hot water all the time and as much as you want. We have a 650 gallon tank. Noise happens in Mexico, especially music, and you sometimes can hear it. We have a great location since you can't hear the Baile or the Yacht Club and most other music that you might hear would be over by 10:30 or so. We do suggest that you bring your own big beach towel or buy one on the beach for about 8-10 dollars...we've had them but they disappear over time ;> Our info is pretty up to date, not much changes except the names of places...Overall I think you might find that you had a great time but there were a few things that you'd like to change. I can understand that---you didn't contact us, nor did the folks in the casita, and I'd bet that when you reflect on Casa Rosa you'll be glad you found such a beautiful place to stay. Maybe Yelapa's just not your thing, but it was unique! We welcome you. Thank you, Rosa

Reviewed 2 May 2011

I hesitated to write a review because I would love to keep this as a secret getaway!!! Casa Rosa is fantastic!!! If you are looking for an elegant spa, this is not your place, but if you are looking for a romantic jungle setting, this is your place!!! I will add that if you have trouble ambulating, that would be the only drawback. We would love to take my mom to see this beautiful place but she has bad hips and could not make the moderate grade from the main path to the house.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Eawicky
Reviewed 10 December 2010

Casa Rosa was exactly what we needed for a reunion. It was private, good separation of space, very beautiful and unique, and easy to get to. The beach is right there, plenty of restaurants, the river hike, all just out the gate. The gardens are amazing with so many varieties and all of the hot pink plants. Beds were comfortable. Lots of dishes and cooking things and lots of space. Locking storage closets. Rustic but not dirty. We felt secure. No problems, very nice to have Lupe assist us with our luggage. We were really impressed by the colors chosen, it was really spectacular--mosaics and unexpected touches. The views are tremendous. The rates were great, very reasonable. We'll be definitely be back.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank tropicalheatwave
Reviewed 25 April 2010

Yelapa is an understated paradise, reachable only by watertaxi from Puerto Vallarta, and Casa Rosa is wonderful. Located a short, easy walk up-river from the main beach, it has beautiful views of the jungle and the bay. There are lots of trees, flowers and tropical plants on the property. I've never seen so many birds and butterflies in my life. Being a palapa, a house with a 20 foot high pitched thatched roof , and no walls, cool ocean breezes blow through all day. Casa Rosa is a vacation rental, with a full kitchen, living area, huge open air bathroom and shower, two indoor double sized hanging beds and several hammocks. My favorite spot at Casa Rosa was the outdoor hanging bed, on the patio. I loved lying in it, looking up at the coconut palms against the blue sky. The caretaker, Lupe, comes by daily on his horse. Have him cut open some coconuts for you. He can also meet you at the water taxi to pack your luggage on his mule and carry it to Casa Rosa. Enjoy yourself, you won't want to leave.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends