“Sunday roast”
Review of Savannah Cafe Bar

Savannah Cafe Bar
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: Cafe by day, Bar by night the perfect place to eat or drink, day or night from your morning coffee and a flick through the papers, a working lunch, to cocktails and a great night out.
Reviewed 23 October 2018

Previously have only been in for a breakfast but this time we had Sunday lunch – had seen a board outside advertising Sunday roast for £9.95 and decided to give it a go, very tender beef, large Yorkshire pudding, roast potatoes, broccoli, carrots, courgettes and cheesy cauliflower and some stuffing.

We were very happy with our meal and I’m certain there will be no better value for money in the town. Could have had chicken or a vegetarian nut roast. Desserts were also available, service was cheerful and we didn’t have to wait very long for our food.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

Just back from a charity night there and was really impressed when the whole vibe. Comfy yet modern atmosphere and lit up nicely at night. Will definitely go back

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

Came to Hayewards Heath to visit an old uni friend, never been to the town before so didn’t know what to expect. We came to this bar as it’s one of her favourite places and we had a fantastic evening. We were served by a young guy called Josh he was friendly, professional, very attentive and my type so an all rounder there! The drinks and food were served super quick and to a high quality, not to mention a decent price for what we got. All in all had a great night will definitely be coming back next time I visit.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 5 August 2018

I like this bar. But why is a 275ml bottle of Becks blue £4.10 ?
Also why are two of the 3 hand pumps Harvey's best? Surely space for a good local bitter.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

One star too many...
I went to the Savannah tonight with some friend to see a band. The atmosphere in the pub was very tense and it felt like at any minute things would kick off and sure enough it did. Unfortunately we were caught in the middle. Having just bought a round of drinks our table was toppled over, all the drinks were spilled and we were soaked. Once things settled down and the clean up was sorted I went to the bar to ask, quite reasonably I thought, to have our drinks replenished. The bar staff said that only the manager could authorise that. So as that seemed reasonable enough we went and bought another round, thinking that we would be reimbursed once things had settled down. At the stage the manager was busy dealing with the police who were detaining those who had caused the disturbance. The band had also stopped playing as the lead singer had taken a slight injury in the incident. A little while later I spoke to the manager and she told me to go to the bar staff and tell them that she had authorised reimbursement. I did this but once again had no joy. The girl at the bar told me she was serving a customer and asked me to wait. I did and then she served another and another.. after waiting 10 minutes I gave up. Never got reinbursed, had a horrible evening and can safely say will never go back. The manager said this was not a typical evening but made no attempt to make good any of the damage caused. Whilst a reinbursement would be welcome, and an offer to pay my dry cleaning bill would have been appreciated, at the very least I would expect an apology but no such luck. All I can say is only go there if you want an eventful evening... not my idea of a pleasant night out.

Date of visit: June 2018
Skandia6, Owner at Savannah Cafe Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Marian, we appreciate the time you have taken to write this review. Incidents like this, whilst far and few between, are dealt with very seriously. Those injured and directly affected physically by the incident are prioritised for obvious reasons.
Megan, the manager did authorise the drinks, of course, we aren't wanting to rip anyone off or go home feeling disheartened, however as you mentioned, Megan was busy dealing with the incident and often this can lead to loss of translation when the bar is as busy as it was yesterday evening.
The incident was dealt with swiftly and professionally by our door security meaning, only those involved with the argument were affected and ejected. Obviously along the way, your drinks were spilled and the singers microphone got knocked out the way. Spilled drinks whilst happily sorted, at the time are not a priority, however is something we want to resolve.
I'm disappointed to hear you'd not be willing to return, as aforementioned for us, this is a rare occurrence and one that can't be foreseen. If you'd like we'd like to offer you and a friend a lunch with a bottle of wine on us and of course we will happily offer to pay for the dry cleaning of your outfit of the evening.

If this is something you'd like to accept please reach out to us on 01444 458181 and ask for Megan or Facebook message our Facebook page which can be reached @savannah.bar. Hope to hear from you soon, and again apologies for the incident that has occurred.