“Service good, food bad”

Cuisines: British, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 November 2018

Visited Sunday lunchtime with family. Our waiter Brendan was excellent - very helpful, patient, nothing was too much trouble for him....BUT....the food was disappointing. Nearly all of our meals were luke-warm at best, didn't taste fresh, and meals that included coleslaw came with literally a thimble sized pot of coleslaw that was barely worth putting on the plate. The restaurant itself was very cold and some of us ended up eating with coats on. Management and chefs - you are doing a dis-service to your staff such as Brendan. He and your customers deserve better!

Date of visit: October 2018
GeneralManagerAA, Manager at Harvester The Beech Hurst, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

We would like to work towards a resolution, so if you are willing, please reach out to us at 01444 451290 to discuss this further.

Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

Went here at 8pm on a Saturday. As we placed our order told no rotisserie chicken was available and all of our choices could not be taken. Was easier to say what we could order as very limited choice, staff unable or unwilling to make substitutes. When food arrived it was okay but did not enjoy as not what we really wanted. The restaurant itself was really grubby, carpets needed a really deep clean and walls and paintwork a good scrub.wont be visiting again

Date of visit: November 2018
GeneralManagerAA, Manager at Harvester The Beech Hurst, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

We appreciate all reviews, and appreciate you giving us the chance to improve by providing us with this feedback.

Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

My wife and I and our two kids visited yesterday for early evening dinner. My son and I had fish and chips which we both enjoyed. My daughter had kid's build your own wraps with chicken which she was happy with.
However, my wife's BBQ chicken stack meal was badly let down by the chicken being translucent in parts, in other words, undercooked. Furthermore, her corn-on-the-cob was cold.
On previous visits, I have had beef burgers which have been served luke warm despite being clearly well cooked, perhaps overcooked.
These issues indicate food is either cooked in advance and left under a (cold) heater rather than cooked to order, and that on occasion if cooked fresh, it is hurried and undercooked.
The waiting staff are good and do what they can to help, but I feel are let down by kitchen staff and food management processes.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 3 November 2018 via mobile

After a long drive to Haywards Heath, my mother, son and I, stopped here for dinner. My mother had gammon, egg and chips; my son had the build your own wrap; and I had double gammon with a jacket potato. Food was first class. For dessert, my son had a sundae, my mother had chocolate fudge cake and I had coconut rice pudding with cherries. All in all, a great meal - and a free salad bar too!

Date of visit: October 2018

Hi there! We're so happy we were able to help you out!

Reviewed 24 October 2018

I was reluctant to return to this place after our last experience but gave in. I wish I hadnt.
Before sitting down I had to extract from the back of our chairs with a knife large amounts of rotten food which looked as if it had been lodged there for quite some time. The carpet was dirty and smelt awful and there was food everywhere. The high chairs looked like they needed to be scrubbed and sterilised I certainly would not put my child in one to eat. Even the menus were sticky.
We ordered and was then told there were no onion rings so that upset the youngsters . There was 35 minute wait until we received our main course although the restaurant was very quiet. Members of staff behind the bar counter were chatting and enjoying their cups of coffee so nice to see !!. No lattes though machine was broken as always.
The food is not cheap and the service and hygiene was not acceptable.
No more chances will not be returning.

Date of visit: October 2018
GeneralManagerAA, Manager at Harvester The Beech Hurst, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2018

Our manager would really like to speak with you more regarding this matter. Please reach out to us at 01444 451290. We look forward to hearing from you.