1,038 results
All reviews mash and barrel prestige caravan nature reserve fun stars priory view swimming pool lagoon close seaside squad aqua gliders central heating pagham beach entertainment complex newer model security man bed caravan great park chip shop
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We arrived on Easter Monday. Drove up to the parking attendant and was told that there was no where to park . My father parked on the grass and got stuck. They had to get the tractor to pull him out. Mud every where. If you where in a caravan with no drive way you had to park on the road because cars where getting stuck! The pool is small and cold. Our caravan wasn’t very well equipped. We had to ask for equipment to be delivered that should have been in the van all ready. We had the contents of our toilet bowl leaking in the bathrooms! And thy fixed it and it still happened!!The van only 2years old was grubby and damp! We went to the mash and barrel and there was no where to site. Caravans very close together. Would I recommend church farm NO. Will I come here again NO. If they can’t get there vans or facilities in order for Easter ,can they for summer??? I wouldn’t risk it. Not for the price!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Church F, Guest Relations Manager at Church Farm Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Hi,

Thanks for your comments regarding your Easter visit to us. We’re extremely disappointed that our park did not meet your expectations. hopefully the team managed to help you resolve the issues, once they were aware.
We hope you choose to holiday at one of our other parks in the future and restore your faith in the Haven brand.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We have just come back from our holidays in church farm haven caravan holiday park we were disappointed with the restaurant on site as the food was always cold so we we we went out to the pub to have our Meals some of the staff were very rude when talking to them In reception.Our cars was cover in mud so ask two men to help us out tel Reception To ask for help when I kept saying it could be an hour or more you they new that I was disabled will not go back ever again sad to say

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Church F, Guest Relations Manager at Church Farm Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Hi!

We’re disappointed that you did not enjoy your overall holiday here as much as you should have. We do hope that you spoke to the restaurant team regarding the cold food and they rectified the issue for you.
The team managed to rescue several cars from the mud over the last few weeks, we’re sorry that the wait was over an hour for them to help you with yours.

We hope to see you at one of our Haven parks in the future.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

This was my family's third trip to Church Farm. On our last two occasions we were so impressed we intended to buy a caravan there this year. Unfortunately this is now on hold after a pretty disastrous Easter weekend.

It all started pleasantly enough. We were given an upgrade to a better caravan, but upon entering it it was immediately apparent something was wrong. Even though it was really clean, two of the bedrooms stank. One had obviously been used as a smoking room, and the other smelled like there was a dead animal in there. I called reception and they promised to send someone up. Nobody came.
That night, we put our three kids into two beds in the smoking room as the smell was so bad in the other one. In the morning I went to reception at 9 to be told someone would be up later to give it a deep clean. I was told they only had a skeleton cleaning staff at weekends. Easter weekend? Again, nobody came to even look at the van.

I had a meeting with Eric the salesman later that morning and explained my situation and said we couldn't stay as the smell was unacceptable. He found us a new van which was the same grade as we had booked. So that was all good.

Onto the staff. To be told we had to wait until a family bike appeared over the horizon and then it was free for all as to who got it first was a recipe for disaster. why on earth there's no booking system for these things is beyond me!

Waiting for someone to serve you at Mash and Barrel is painful to say the least. My overall impression is that the Easter weekend came as a bit of a surprise to them. They just weren't geared up for the amount of customers or the weather.

The pool was freezing, and the crazy golf was only half refurbished, but was still open.

All in all a really disappointing weekend. We are already booked to go back in June as part of a large party. I'm hoping things have improved by then.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank nbrennan2018

Hi There,

Thank you for sharing your feedback following your recent stay. We’re so sorry to see that your weekend break did not live up to your previous 2 holidays with Haven.
We really do appreciate your comments, these help us as we continuously strive to make improvements to our park and to our guest’s holiday experience. Your feedback will be shared with the relevant teams.
We hope that despite your current disappointment, you chose to return to Church farm in the future.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

There were some real positives to our stay but unfortunately negatives too...

The positives:
The caravan itself was clean, well placed and spacious. When we got there, the gas had run out but they soon sorted it. Really pleased with the caravan and comfortable beds too.

The arcades were really well run, pretty much all the machines working and staff always at hand.

The children really liked the evening entertainment and they put on a good show.

The negatives:
It really feels as though Haven just weren’t ready for the busy Easter weekend and they were majorly understaffed.
Trying to sort an activity for the kids was hard work, the staff didn’t know what was going on or the times and there weren’t enough staff on the actual activities either.

The indoor pool was so cold, it was just about useable. The next day there was a sign up saying it was even colder than yesterday due to a fault - so we only got to swim once.

The restaurant service was just diabolical. It took me 20 minutes to order and actually get orange juice... although they bring the food out fast, the ordering system just wasn’t working, again with staff just seeming a bit out of their depth.

We had a good stay and an enjoyable time but wouldn’t return on, what we think would probably be, a busy time of year. They just didn’t seem prepared unfortunately.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Lisa_Reviewer1

Hiya,

Thanks for leaving your thoughts following your Easter break. We’re sorry to read that your holiday did not run as smoothly as expected. You feedback is invaluable and will help us improve in the future.
Despite the issues, it’s great to read that you had an enjoyable time.
We look forward to welcoming you back (at a quieter time).

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Got there earlier than check in so decided to take a little drive around the park to see what what. While we were we got stuck in mud and couldn’t get out. We called reception who send one of their vans to attempt to pull us out, but due to the weight of our car, the terrible mud they couldn’t pull us out. We then had to walk up to reception to find out if there was any other way of helping etc. They told us the only had the vans on site. We then had to wait two hours to get towed out by the RAC and finally get in to our caravan to dry off. We then proceeded to got back upto the main complex where we seen a number of tractors driving around..... mmmmm “we only have the vans on site”

While we were there we were going to have our disabled mother stop over. The grass outside of our caravan was like a bog. We asked Harry at reception if anything could be sorted to make this safe. He told me that they do but the maintenance dept didn’t have the manpower to put the boards down. I then spoke to Paul the gaffer who told me he would look into this but never got back to me. Like I said to Paul and Harry, I refuse to believe that over Easter weekend you do not have the resource and as the job I was asking was a big one due to the weight of the boards they couldn’t be bothered to do it and gave me a poor excuse. The mother never came down In the end so we thank you for that Haven

For anyone else going, please pre book all the activities for the kids, we were not told to do this when booking over the phone and everything the kids wanted to do were fully booked

Cheers Church Farm

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank JIMS1984

Hi There,

We’re sorry to read about your experience with us. Unfortunately, the great British weather beat us over the last few weeks. We always try our best to help, so it’s disappointing that after our team attempted to pull your car out of the mud, you had to call the RAC.
We appreciate your feedback and hope this does not deter you from visiting Haven in the future.