“Not the best of customer service... ”
Review of The Griffin Inn

The Griffin Inn
Ranked #28 of 175 Restaurants in Nuneaton
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We serve delicious freshly cooked rotisserie chicken as well as good traditional English pub grub designed to suit all needs and tastes. We have approximately 120 seats inside and 60 outside (approx 30 for dining in a no smoking area)including a children's play area. We offer full table service inside and have a food till outside in the summer. Our garden has to be seen as it has everything you could wish for.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Found a rather large chicken bone in my Tikka masala. Left without a drink even though I had ask twice. Deserts all covered in "powdered sugar" which wasn't needed.

Katiew146, Manager at The Griffin Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2018

I am sorry you didn't enjoy your visit with us. Whilst every effort is made by the kitchen team to ensure the pulled rotisserie chicken which is served in the tikka sauce is bone free, unfortunately sometimes these can be missed. We are constantly reviewing and coaching our team members to ensure they can deliver the best food and service possible.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

We popped into the Griffin for a Thursday lunch and had a great time. The waitresses were both helpful and cheerful adding to the ambiance of this venue. We both had half chickens which were both perfectly cooked and very succulent. The sauces were full of flavour and the skin on fries very tasty. Great value for money.

It was a pleasure to read!
The next time you visit us, please let me know as I would love to buy yourself and your party a complimentary drink!
Look forward to seeing you soon

Reviewed 11 March 2018

Excellent experience on the whole. Fast service on a busy Mothering Sunday. Highly recommend the succulent rotissery chicken, the rest of the menu looked very good as well. The decedent puddings were excellent. One negative was that the table wasn't set correctly for the number of people in our group, however the waitress quickly sorted this issue upon our arrival.

I am pleased you and your party had an enjoyable visit with us
We look forward to seeing you soon

Reviewed 25 February 2018

This is a family friendly place, with good food and pleasant staff who went the extra mile to help. The licensees were personable and available

Thank you for your review. It's great to see that the team made your visit enjoyable!
Please let me know wen you next visit us, we have some great real ales coming up and your first pint is on us!

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

I attended here for a light dinner with my girlfriend tonight. First impressions of the place were impressive, it was quiet and seemed like a good place to visit if you have a family. We were greeted by a young man named Rhys who was very friendly and made sure we got a table quickly. The service to begin with was good, with the waitress offering to get us drinks almost as soon as we sat down! All seemed good and I was impressed however this was shortlived as it soon went downhill from there. We ordered the food, I ordered the Club Sandwich and my girlfriend ordered Mac and Cheese with a side of Onion Rings. The service was slow, with the food taking at least 25 minutes to arrive even though the restaurant was very quiet and our order wasn’t a big one. And to top it off the wait wasn’t even worth it! The food wasn’t very good, I found the Club Sandwich to be not well presented and this in turn made it difficult to eat. The Onion rings were also not appetising, the onion kept coming out of the batter and it was like trying to cut through a metal frame.
Overall two positives were that the staff were friendly and welcoming. Also the restaurant was clean.
However the food was not very good and the service was slow. I would not recommend!

2  Thank JBart14

I am sorry you didn't enjoy your visit with us. We have recently undertaken a large recruitment drive and have also had a new menu launch at the end of March. The kitchen team have had extensive training on the menu and the presentation skills