All reviews scrambled eggs beans bowling alley value for money buffet style free breakfast yogurt reception staff the breakfast area one night stay no air con what it says on the tin business park odeon cinema room was clean and comfortable plenty of parking very pleasant stay
Reviewed 21 September 2016

It's an express so it's light on facilities in that it doesn't have many. The website makes up for this with lots of different shots of the building, which is unattractive.

My room was fine though there is no air con and the Windows only open a small amount so it was warm and not much I could do about it.

The staff were all great - relaxed but friendly and on it. I would recommend the chain pub across the car park - very good value carvery.

The hotel is in an industrial park so there is virtually nothing around it. I came by train and this place is based around you most likely driving.

It's not expensive, it's clean and comfy and I would stay again.

Trip type: Travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nuneaton, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2016

Dear Andrew R,

Thank you for staying with us, and for taking the time to share your feedback. I appreciate your wonderful comments about the staff service, as we pride ourselves in providing the best guest experience possible. Thank you as well for your comments about the hotel being clean and comfortable. I do apologize for any inconvenience you had, especially with the room temperature.

Know that comments are greatly appreciated and helps us to see where we can improve to create a better experience for our travelers. I hope you'll return someday to see how we are continuously improving.

Warm Regards,

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 19 September 2016

The hotel is situated in an industrial area but there are pubs and other eating establishments close by. Booked an overnight stay and wanted to check in before the 3pm check in time. Emailed ahead and got the okay. We arrived at 1pm and they were having computer problems and so our room was not yet available. We were given cups of coffee and apologies whilst our room was being readied and the room was soon available. Standard Holiday Inn Express just like the others. Comfy room and self service breakfast in the morning. Reasonable rate. The hotel was very busy when we stayed.
What sets this apart from the other HIE's is the staff. Everyone that we had contact with was happy, smiling and ready to help even though they were very busy. Will return when next in the area.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 01760
GM_HIEX-NUNEATON, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nuneaton, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2016

What a wonderful review, we truly appreciate your business and your trust in us. I am very happy to hear that our staff and service met your needs and expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 16 September 2016 via mobile

I was attending a wedding in Nuneaton and chose this hotel based on distance. Arrived at 2.30pm and was asked if I had arranged early check in as it is normally 3pm which I think is late. However checked to see if rooms ready and booked us in. The room was clean, big bed and nice bathroom. However I noticed a not very pleasant smell, what I didn't realise is that I had been put in a smoking room!! I didn't even know that hotels still had them but I wouldn't expect to be put in one if I had not requested it so quite disappointed.

The staff were helpful and the breakfast was adequate, good value for money.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Claire M
GM_HIEX-NUNEATON, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nuneaton, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2016

Thank you for reaching out to us about your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express Nuneaton.
Your booking stated a standard room see the following:
ROOM DESCRIPTION:
STANDARD ROOM
WHEN YOU ARRIVE WE WILL DO OUR BEST TO MEET YOUR ROOM BED TYPE AND SMOKING PREFERENCES. THESE ARE SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY AND CANNOT BE GUARANTEED. STANDARD ROOMS HAVE A MAXIMUM CAPACITY OF 2 GUESTS.

This room was a smoking room as the booking you had made was for an "unguaranteed unspecified room/bed type" .

Comments, both positive and negative are an important tool that we use to constantly improve ourselves and we appreciate the time and effort taken to provide them.

Reviewed 14 September 2016

The overall level of service was polite but to a basic level. I checked in ok however i had to forward over an email about a meal allowance and pre payment which had already been sent. I was told there was no restaurant on site and that there was an option to order either a indian takeaway or a kebab come pizzeria. As the indian had some bad reviews i went with italian which was awful and not edible. The room itself was clean and tidy but very hot and for £97 a night i would of a expected air conditioning. As the hotel was very hot i had a terrible night sleep as i had to have the window open and was kept awake by loud traffic and the noise of what i presume was a generator keeping me awake. There was a big argument at reception with another customer who was asked to leave and this created a poor atmosphere. Checking out was also frustrating, although i stay away every week on average two days a week through click travel and never had a problem the receptionist could not work out how to pay for my room which caused a delay. I then had breakfast which was barely warm sausages and a small selection of continental items. Overall i did not have an enjoyable experience and as a new customer i would not return.

1  Thank Beckett999
GM_HIEX-NUNEATON, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nuneaton, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2016

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns, it is unfortunate that on this occasion your stay was a disappointment on several levels.
We consistently aim to provide excellent service and superior accommodation and your valuable feedback allows us to target those problem areas and to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

However, it is regrettable that your stay was negatively affected by the Customer asked to leave, we believe our team dealt with the incident very well.
The hotel does not advertise air conditioning as one of the hotel features on the website, however we do provide fans on request.

Our sincere apologies for the let-down you experienced during your stay and if you wish to discuss your review in more detail then please do not hesitate to contact me dm@hiexnuneaton.com

The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

Reviewed 7 September 2016

We stayed for one night whilst visiting family.
The greeting was excellent ,and the man couldn't have been more helpful.
The room was vey comfortable, very clean and quiet.
We were delighted with our breakfast.
The staff although very busy were friendly and helpful.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank peterssis
GM_HIEX-NUNEATON, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nuneaton, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2016

Thank you so much for your comments and we are delighted you enjoyed your stay.
We do hope we will be able to accommodate you again very soon.

We will look forward to sharing your comments with our team and I know they will want to also pass on their thanks for your kind words.