“Be prepared to wait!”

The Chase
Ranked #87 of 177 Restaurants in Nuneaton
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 21
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Chase Hotel is famous for flame-grilled food and sizzling skillets. All of our steaks are 28 day matured and there's nowhere better to get a pint when the football's on! We offer a welcoming and friendly atmosphere, unbeatable value and a great place to meet up with family, enjoy a pint after work with friends, catch up with the girls over a glass of wine, or just sit back and relax at the weekend.
Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

Came here for a drink, there was a few waiting at the bar, the people behind the bar had no idea who was next, at least 3 people got served before me who came after, the bar staff did say “who’s next” but only one person said someone was there before them, I had to say to the staff that me and another person had been waiting a while, I have worked behind a bar before and you do recognise who’s been there the longest. This happens far to often here, shame that it’s my local! Do not visit half as much as I used to.

Chase H, General Manager at The Chase, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

Hi Stephanie

Thank you for your honest feedback. Im sorry to hear that this happened to you on your visit to us. We do endeavour to ensure our guests are served in the order they approach the bar and on this occasion im sorry to hear on this occasion it was not like that

I hope you do continue to use us as your local and I will try a find a way to help with this issue

Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

Sitting here having to endure terribly loud music as its a quiz night. If i wanted to eat in a nightclub i would. I asked for the music to be turned down which it was for about 30 seconds. Food not great pie was burnt. Cant be bothered to complain just want to leave and wont be coming back

Hi Liz

Thank you for your review. Our quiz night is very popular in the area and is on every Thursday. If you would like to visit us on another night the atmosphere is not as loud. I am sorry to hear that you food was not what you expected and this will be picked up by our kitchen team

I hope that you decide to try us again some time in the future

Reviewed 25 August 2018

Went to have a meal with my partner. Disappointed with the service as we came in no staff welcomed us in. Sat down to wait for the food , the table next to us had food all over the floor. Not pleasant. Furthermore our food was over cooked and the eggs not even cooked properly all runny. Deffo not worth the price. Planned to have a deserts there in the end was that dissapointed we went to maccies for deserts.

Review collected in partnership with Greene King

Hi

Thank you for your review and honest feedback. We aim to provide great service all day, everyday. I'm sorry to hear on your recent visit that this was not the case. We also like to think we offer great value for money.

Your feedback will be used to help develop our team better. Thank you again for your feedback

Reviewed 25 August 2018

Have in the past used this pub for some family meals. It has never been really good but it was convenient. On this last visit I booked a table for six. There was no real ale and the only other choices for beer drinks were poor and very expensive for what they were. The steaks that were ordered with the meal were probably the toughest and gristly I have ever encountered. False teeth would not have survived the ordeal. The steaks were actually verging on the inedible and were more likely very bad stewing steak rather than rump steak. According to the menu the Friday deal was have a steak and get a free beer. Nowhere in the establishment was there any indication that the beers were restricted other than on the menu where the small print indicates that the deals are subject to rules. Like I have already said the rules were nowhere to be found.

Review collected in partnership with Greene King

Hi Anthony

Thank you for your honest feedback. We take great pride in our steaks and to hear you were not happy with our product is not what we want. All of our offers are available in house and on our website and with Terms & Conditions available.

I hope you decide to try us again in the future

Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

Great value food, with a massive choice on the menu, so should be something for everyone. Tables a little sticky and remnants of the previous dinners on the floor... may have been our timing of our visit but place was a little grubby....

Chase H, General Manager at The Chase, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Hi Julian,

Thanks for the honest feedback, we do have a great menu with something to suit everyone. I'm sorry to hear that during your visit we seemed to be a little untidy, I can only apologise for this and assure you this isn't usually the case, perhaps you did catch us during a busy time. I do hope you decide to visit us again soon.

Regards,