US$ 83
Little Haven Hotel(South Shields)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$ 85
US$ 82
Sir William Fox Hotel(South Shields)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$ 85
US$ 82
Athol House(South Shields)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$ 72
US$ 70
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
Clifton Guest House(South Shields)
TripAdvisor
Forest Guest House(South Shields)
TripAdvisor
Atlantis Guest House(South Shields)
TripAdvisor
Annie's Guest House(South Shields)
TripAdvisor
All reviewstea suppliestown centresecond to nonewarm welcomesea frontkarontvshowerhairdryer
Reviewed 3 November 2014

I understand that the owner was having family problems as we arrived, so left another lady in charge. This lady was helpful, and cooked a superb breakfast, and that, and the powerful shower were the only positives we found. We were put in R2 as I couldn't manage too many stairs. We found a single sized room with a double bed in- one side against the wall! The pillows were like rock, the room hot and stuffy. We turned the radiator off and opened the bathroom and bedroom windows wide.
The floor had glitter shapes cotton and biscuit crumbs on it. The shower had the remnants of purple shower gel in it and the previous occupants empty complimentary toiletries bottles were sitting in the shower caddy. There was a medication foil with one vascalpha tablet in on the chest of drawers. The drawers were ill fitting / broken with blobs of gum stuck to the right hand side of them, and there was a 4 pack plastic beer holder in one of them.
After a poor nights sleep I was woken at 6.30am by the crashing and banging of cupboard doors and pots and pans in the kitchen, followed by the stench of hot fat, and frying bacon wafting in
the open widows!
Most of our friends did have better rooms, but we were really disappointed and are most unlikely to stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I stayed at the Seabreeze over the weekend 15-17th March 2014. I had not stayed there before but would have no hesitation of doing so again. I was met on arrival and instantly looked after with a warm friendly north eastern welcome.
I could not fault the room, very clean and tidy with all of the facilities available to me that I could need during my stay.
There is an additional lounge where you have free access to a microwave, plates, knives and forks etc. I really appreciated being able to help my self to restock tea supplies which is a nice touch compared to the all too often standard issue of 2-3 tea bags etc.

I was well impressed with the breakfasts which certainly made a great start to the day

If you are looking for a good standard clean and friendly guest house then the Seabreeze will not disappoint.

My thanks to all at the Seabreeze.
Martin M

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Martin M
Reviewed 23 January 2014

We booked 2 rooms for a night in January as we were in South Shields researching my family history. The B&B was very comfortable and one of our rooms was upgraded (from a private bathroom outside the room to an en suite). The tea and coffee facilities in our room and in the lounge area were very welcome. We were directed to a fabulous Italian restaurant across the road (there are about 30 Indian restaurants to choose from but we felt like Italian!). The breakfast was good. My only negative comment would be that the B&B was a bit overpriced considering its location (ie South Shields) and the time of year.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kay C
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Booked to come here for the Sunderland Air Show with my Mum and two nieces. Since my Mum had stayed here before and had been happy we called in in JANUARY and looked at all of the rooms and personally picked rooms 1&2: An en-suite double, a small en-suite double and a single on a b&b basis. About 3 weeks prior to arrival Mum rang to check everything was ok and to see if it was possible to cancel the single as due to work my husband couldn't make it so my niece, who the single room was for, could share with me. This was ok and Mum was assured everything was fine. Once again, the night before we travelled Mum confirmed our room arrangements, everything fine, we were booked into rooms 1&2. On arrival the manager was absent but had instructed the cleaner to put us into rooms 3&8, an en-suite twin and a double with a private bathroom. We explained this was not what we had booked and after speaking to the manager the cleaner told us that the rooms we had booked had been sold on booking.com and there was nothing she could do about it. When we eventually spoke to the manager on the phone she basically said that 'we were getting what we wanted, at a good rate, on the busiest weekend of the year for them, and, did we want the rooms or not?' For a start, we booked 2 EN-SUITE rooms and we didn't get them, and she also dropped in that they were no longer serving breakfast, which booking on a bed and breakfast basis, we were expecting! After spending an hour talking to someone from one of their sister b&bs we realised we were going around in circles, them saying they were meeting our needs and of course, we didn't have to take the rooms and us saying that we were not getting what we had booked. We did take the rooms, but, ONLY because it was a busy weekend and we knew we wouldn't get anywhere else. When my Mum had taken the Grandchildren away for the weekend, and me my nieces, we had no other choice. If it had just been me and Mum we would have just had a day out and then driven home. It totally spoilt the first day and put a real dampener on the whole weekend. Perhaps if they had mentioned THEIR mistake the night before when my Mum reconfirmed everything it wouldn't have been such a problem. Or even, if they had apologised for their mistake on the day, instead of making out as though we were being unreasonable expecting to receive the service we had booked. All in all, really poor customer service with a 'take it or leave it' attitude, in future, we will certainly be 'leaving it!!'

In regards to the rooms, they are basic and have what you need: tea and coffee making facilities, soap and a TV etc. They are clean enough with fresh bedding but some of the finer points are missed, mould etc around shower/curtain in private bathroom and the walls could do with a freshen up.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank crofts8687
Reviewed 29 March 2013

A very friendly and warm welcome . Our party had booked three rooms and all were clean and tidy with no dust ! A great breakfast and the use of lounge was a real bonus - especially as the famous fish and chip shop ( Colman's) almost opposite was just about to close so we took some ' home'.
Tv in each room and the heating was left on at night so we were very cosy and warm . Very powerful power shower , lovely fresh towels ,soap and shampoo and even hand cream provided .
Faultless in fact !

Room Tip: Room on 1st floor has huge windows and you can watch the world go by.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends