“Lovely soup!”

Ranked #24 of 85 Restaurants in Reigate
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 23 December 2017

We booked at table for 13:00, which I would recommend as it is only a small venue. The waitresses were very friendly. Took our drinks order and our food orders. I had the sweet potato, coconut and spice soup which I would highly recommend. I really enjoyed it and didn’t want it to end! The bread was really yummy too. The café was quite warm. I would recommend for lunch, however I think their website needs to be updated at it says “We are open 7 days a week” yet it states its closed on Sundays.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

This is an attractive looking tea room with a range of tasty looking cakes.

We arrived and asked if we could sit at a table in the window, but the waitress said no it was reserved, despite there being no sign on the table to identify it as such. She then put us on a small table which was inches from another table for two, at which were sitting two girls. Unfortunately one of them had a small dog on her lap. I was rather horrified to see a dog sitting at the table, especially as it was so close to us and I suffer from asthma so avoid all pets. I asked to be moved and questioned why they allow dogs in a cafe. The waitress said oh we sometimes let dogs in. Seems a very unhygienic practice, especially when tables are so close.

We were then allowed to sit at a larger table away from the dog, but it was not done with any attempt to diffuse the situation, indeed we were made to feel a bit of a nuisance.

We ordered two cream teas, one with coffee and one with tea. The china was lovely, quite in keeping, mismatched cottagey floral cups and saucers, and there was a good sized cafetière of coffee which my husband enjoyed. There was plentiful jam (looked home made as it wasn't that bright artificial red of most commercially produced strawberry jams) and enough thick cream, but the scones were a most odd texture. They were large and soft and had some fruit in them but they were more like bread, and definitely not like real scones.

With so many great recipes for scones on the internet (try Mary Berry's recipe, simple and delicious) it's a pity the scones let the cream tea down.

We didn't try the cakes so cannot comment but they looked fine.

We would like to return but their policy on allowing dogs inside would be enough to put us off. We were surprised that local hygiene regulations permit dogs in a food outlet, as it definitely wasn't a guide dog for the blind but just a pet dog.

1  Thank Ellie1145
Reviewed 24 October 2017

I was looking forward to a lovely cream tea. Being a Devonshire girl l know about scones, clotted cream and jam. Unfortunately the fruit scone was very poor, it was very doughy and more like a bun, the fruit was non-existent, l counted 6 currants in all. The portion of clotted cream was minuscule. The jam was ok. Overall experience was unacceptable.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

Yummy cakes and cuppa - lots of cakes to pick from! Lovely for a nice treat and somewhere different. Not good for pushchairs and no customer toilets.

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

Visited with a friend for tea and cake. I actually had the rocky road hot chocolate to drink which was lovely. Cakes were nice, big portions, possibly too much actually and we left feeling a little caked-out. Nice little place with cute decor. I would go back for sure.