Review Highlights
Great family pub

I visited in September 2016 with my wife and toddler. There is plenty of outside seating and a... read more

Reviewed 25 September 2016
David L
Midlands
via mobile
1st visit for a few years!

Visited with a friend on a Friday evening after 8. We had a shared platter of pate, dried meat etc... read more

Reviewed 10 September 2016
HDuff123
London, United Kingdom

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

Met friends here for Pre Christmas drinks here last week and was really impressed!
This is local to me but for some reason I had not visited before. My friends who had said that it was now much larger following recent refurbishment, but it retained its character well.

Food is (apparently) good, and there was an inclusive and accepting crowd.

Will be back.

32springg, General Manager at The Spring Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2018

Hi Johnny,
Thank you for your 5 star review! We're really pleased that you enjoyed your time here over the festive period. We focus on delivering fresh, seasonal, quality food. So we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please make yourselves known the next time you come in, as I really enjoy getting to meet new locals from the area!
Kind regards, Martin (General Manager)

Reviewed 11 May 2017 via mobile

What a hidden gem, just a short walk from Kingston town centre - this pub has everything. Beautiful decor , friendly bar staff and waiters , great food and an excellent selection of drinks! I ordered the seabass which was cooked to perfection accompanied by a delightful g&t. The staff were so good at checking if everything was ok with our meal and never left us for too long. I cannot wait to come back here again and show more of my friends what a lovely pub this is.

Reviewed 23 January 2017 via mobile

Disappointing family Sunday lunch. Whilst environment and drinks are great, the food is very poor compared to previous visits a year ago. Roast beef was too finely sliced and lost in the gravy. It was also very fatty without much meat.
Rest of family also disappointed with roast beef/chicken dishes.

Reviewed 5 January 2017

A group of us went for dinner and everything seems to have taken a nose dive. I recommend here and was really embarrassed at how the meal turned out. The food was very poor, fish in soggy batter, vegetables not 'defrosted'/cold. One burger as almost completely raw. The deserts was bad too. I'm not sure how you burn the life out of a crumble and make lumpy cold custard...Such a great shame, they used to present fantastic food, freshly cooked (not frozen burger patties) it was delicious. I raved about this pub for a long while after it had it's reopening. I won't go again as this is the 3rd time I've had really bad food. It's a good pub for a quiz and a drink but don't go to eat.

1  Thank Lempin
Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

I visited in September 2016 with my wife and toddler.

There is plenty of outside seating and a slide/climbing frame for kids.

The service is friendly and the food and drink good.

Only complaint is that we ordered 3 meals but only 2 sets of cutlery were brought out. And the sausage rolls were cold. And the staff sit in the passageway to the beer garden, smoking. But these are small things.

Recommended.