Review Highlights
Great family pub

I visited in September 2016 with my wife and toddler. There is plenty of outside seating and a... read more

Reviewed 25 September 2016
David L
Midlands
via mobile
1st visit for a few years!

Reviewed 10 September 2016
HDuff123
London, United Kingdom

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 January 2017

A group of us went for dinner and everything seems to have taken a nose dive. I recommend here and was really embarrassed at how the meal turned out. The food was very poor, fish in soggy batter, vegetables not 'defrosted'/cold. One burger as almost completely raw. The deserts was bad too. I'm not sure how you burn the life out of a crumble and make lumpy cold custard...Such a great shame, they used to present fantastic food, freshly cooked (not frozen burger patties) it was delicious. I raved about this pub for a long while after it had it's reopening. I won't go again as this is the 3rd time I've had really bad food. It's a good pub for a quiz and a drink but don't go to eat.

1  Thank Lempin
Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

I visited in September 2016 with my wife and toddler.

There is plenty of outside seating and a slide/climbing frame for kids.

The service is friendly and the food and drink good.

Only complaint is that we ordered 3 meals but only 2 sets of cutlery were brought out. And the sausage rolls were cold. And the staff sit in the passageway to the beer garden, smoking. But these are small things.

Recommended.

Reviewed 10 September 2016

Visited with a friend on a Friday evening after 8. We had a shared platter of pate, dried meat etc which was very nice. We had a bottle of SB, not chilled enough, however after a while in the ice bucket it improved. (Initially we had to add ice to chill Arrg!! A great pub for families not a place for a quiet meal and conversation.

Reviewed 13 August 2016 via mobile

Following its extensive alterations about 18 months ago this pub was very good. However, the service has now gone very downhill and the food quality has also deteriorated - now overall 5.5/10.
Regretfully, the previous clientele - have not gone elsewhere and what is in many ways a very attractive dining pub is ruined by loud and vulgar group of workmen in the bar area. I know friends who have stopped using the pub because of these types.

1  Thank Mitchell1960
Reviewed 5 June 2016 via mobile

Nice local pub that caters for families, friends and couples. Pretty relaxed atmosphere, and the food is good.

Much better decor since its refurbishment. I wouldn't recommend for a romantic or special place to go, but it's a pub so wouldn't be surprising!

Happy to go when in the mood for a pub lunch.