“Great food, good vibe ”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Having been here many times I can say that this place is amazing. The food is always top notch and the service is always great. It's particularly good value on Wednesday and Sunday. Definitely worth checking out!

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

Stunning food. Fresh, flavoursome, wonderful staff, friendly atmosphere, nice wines, just wonderful! “Clean” food.. delicious! Tip to anyone who likes spice - order the Indian fried rice your rice will never be the same again! Xx

Date of visit: July 2018
3  Thank A_P_006
Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

I've meaning meaning to try this place for some years, as, when I saw the menu it appeared to be almost identical to a well known restaurant in Hammersmith, even down to the dish descriptions. I therefore assumed owner of said Hammersmith based restaurant was perhaps behind this too, though, I don't think that's the case.
Whilst the menu items seem interestingly different to the ubiquitous curry house offerings, they're poorly executed. I'm not going to name the other restaurant, but I'm sure the owners know exactly which I'm referring to.

Malai tikka was nothing like the delicate, white, creamy Malai tikka served in good Indian restaurants. This was basically marinated in tandoori paste.

The gymkhana lamb chops had more indigestible chunks of peppers and onions than a bad Chinese buffet. Sauce was too runny and lacked the robust flavours one associates with a dish bearing this name.

Chicken dhansak lacked the depth of flavour expected in the attempted, traditional parsee rendition of this wonderful dish, yet it also lacked the hot yet sweet flavour of the adulterated curry house version.

All in all, I think the menu items have been borrowed, yet the chef here is unable to execute them as they should be.

Date of visit: June 2018
3  Thank TVDinners77
Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

Went here for a friend's 50th birthday and what a load of rubbish, charged him for 30 people although only 25 turned, didn't get to chose what we wanted although they charged my friend £12.95 per head.

The starter was cold and so small it was ment to go around 4 per table but compared to other restaurants would of Fed only one.

The mains were a joke they brought out 3 small dishes with a mild a medium and a hot once again each dish had about 4 bits of meat in what a joke.

When they brought out the naan bread it was one cut into four pieces what a joke, not one each.

Then we find out that for the £12.95 per head we didn't even get a pudding they wanted to charge us more for that.

Then to top it all they charged £52 extra for poopadoms.

Total bill including drink was £756.80 What a joke came home and had dinner as was starving.

Will never use this place again would not recommend to my worst enemy.

There are plenty more places to have a curry in croydon trust me don't use this one.

Date of visit: July 2018
3  Thank blingblingboy
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Using my tastecard we had a lamb biriyani and lab rogan josh with pweshari naan. They brought out a sauce for the biriyani but I later found out it was an extra cost!
Also I got charged for tap water!
But that aside we had a lovely meal. It arrived hot and the lamb just melted in your mouth. Brilliant.

Date of visit: June 2018
2  Thank Carol F
AmeraRani, Manager at Amera Rani, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Hi Carol

Thank you for your review.

Glad to hear you enjoyed your meal. To reassure you we do not charge for the vegetable curry which compliments all our biriyani dishes and we certainly do not charge for tap water.

If you could get in contact with us, we would be happy to discuss in order to ensure you were not charged incorrectly.

Many Thanks