“Copy of another menu???”
Review of Amera Rani

Amera Rani
Ranked #37 of 537 Restaurants in Croydon
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

I've meaning meaning to try this place for some years, as, when I saw the menu it appeared to be almost identical to a well known restaurant in Hammersmith, even down to the dish descriptions. I therefore assumed owner of said Hammersmith based restaurant was perhaps behind this too, though, I don't think that's the case.
Whilst the menu items seem interestingly different to the ubiquitous curry house offerings, they're poorly executed. I'm not going to name the other restaurant, but I'm sure the owners know exactly which I'm referring to.

Malai tikka was nothing like the delicate, white, creamy Malai tikka served in good Indian restaurants. This was basically marinated in tandoori paste.

The gymkhana lamb chops had more indigestible chunks of peppers and onions than a bad Chinese buffet. Sauce was too runny and lacked the robust flavours one associates with a dish bearing this name.

Chicken dhansak lacked the depth of flavour expected in the attempted, traditional parsee rendition of this wonderful dish, yet it also lacked the hot yet sweet flavour of the adulterated curry house version.

All in all, I think the menu items have been borrowed, yet the chef here is unable to execute them as they should be.

3  Thank TVDinners77

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

Went here for a friend's 50th birthday and what a load of rubbish, charged him for 30 people although only 25 turned, didn't get to chose what we wanted although they charged my friend £12.95 per head.

The starter was cold and so small it was ment to go around 4 per table but compared to other restaurants would of Fed only one.

The mains were a joke they brought out 3 small dishes with a mild a medium and a hot once again each dish had about 4 bits of meat in what a joke.

When they brought out the naan bread it was one cut into four pieces what a joke, not one each.

Then we find out that for the £12.95 per head we didn't even get a pudding they wanted to charge us more for that.

Then to top it all they charged £52 extra for poopadoms.

Total bill including drink was £756.80 What a joke came home and had dinner as was starving.

Will never use this place again would not recommend to my worst enemy.

There are plenty more places to have a curry in croydon trust me don't use this one.

2  Thank blingblingboy
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Using my tastecard we had a lamb biriyani and lab rogan josh with pweshari naan. They brought out a sauce for the biriyani but I later found out it was an extra cost!
Also I got charged for tap water!
But that aside we had a lovely meal. It arrived hot and the lamb just melted in your mouth. Brilliant.

2  Thank Carol F
AmeraRani, Manager at Amera Rani, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Hi Carol

Thank you for your review.

Glad to hear you enjoyed your meal. To reassure you we do not charge for the vegetable curry which compliments all our biriyani dishes and we certainly do not charge for tap water.

If you could get in contact with us, we would be happy to discuss in order to ensure you were not charged incorrectly.

Many Thanks

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

First came here after recommendation and with the tasrecard which gives 50% off! Have been here three times, twice with partner and baby and once with work party. The food is always first class and the staff are polite and efficient. There are lots of veggie options and the menu has detailed info for any allergies you may have ( useful for us as baby can't have milk).
I will return again soon and recommend you give it a try if you fancy a curry and your in the area.

3  Thank jon m

Thank you, Jon for your review.

Hope to see you again.

Best Regards

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

I took some collages from work here and for many it was their first time . Everyone agreed that the food was very very tasty and the service very good . Good Value for money too .

3  Thank sheena h

Hi Sheena

Thank you for your review. Hope to have you dine with us again.

Many thanks