“Always great”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

First came here after recommendation and with the tasrecard which gives 50% off! Have been here three times, twice with partner and baby and once with work party. The food is always first class and the staff are polite and efficient. There are lots of veggie options and the menu has detailed info for any allergies you may have ( useful for us as baby can't have milk).
I will return again soon and recommend you give it a try if you fancy a curry and your in the area.

3  Thank jon m
AmeraRani, Manager at Amera Rani, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Thank you, Jon for your review.

Hope to see you again.

Best Regards

Aziz
Manager

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

I took some collages from work here and for many it was their first time . Everyone agreed that the food was very very tasty and the service very good . Good Value for money too .

3  Thank sheena h

Hi Sheena

Thank you for your review. Hope to have you dine with us again.

Many thanks

Aziz
Manager

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend and I visited on a Friday night at 7.30pm and the restaurant was already quite busy, mainly due to a large party. However this party had just been served their main so we didn’t think it would affect our night. However it became clear quite quickly the staff were struggling to manage the customers in the restaurant as well as the calls coming through for orders. Our drinks got served quite quickly but it took over half an hour to take our food order (after having to ask for it to be taken).

Our onion bhaji starter came out about half an hour after giving our order - acceptable and it was nice and good quality. However it took another hour after finishing our bhaji for the mains to be served - we ordered one rice, one naan and two chicken dishes (shashlik and jalfrezi), not a big order. Interestingly, we got served our main a good half an hour after a table of four who arrived at the same time we gave our order. The food itself was really good, albeit portions were on the smaller side. But it ruins the whole experience if you arrive at 7.30 and you don’t get your main until 9.30!

I was disappointed not to receive an apology for the slow service, it’s not like it wasn’t obvious! My recommendation to Amera Rani is to make sure there is enough staff, both front of house and in the kitchen, to cater to demand on busier nights. Such a shame because the food is nicer than your average Indian. I don’t think we will be visiting again despite being local to the area.

2  Thank bfernando88
Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

I've had food at quite a few of Croydon's curry houses and this one is up there with the best of them.

It's warm, friendly and relaxed and has some interesting specials on its menu. We really liked the rich and flavoursome Ghatti Lamb, the tangy Malabar Chicken Curry and the Jeera & Saffron Pilau Rice.

We'll go back... and we'll probably try it as a takeaway option too!

2  Thank pilkoLondon
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

We disagree on this review, we would like to say good, but there's no good, only average or very good, I don't think was average, but don't think very good either. My starter was lovely, lamb Salli, and salmon tikka was lovely, but only lukewarm. My husband liked his chicken kebab starter, whereas I didn't rate it. He thought main wasn't enough of a portion for a man! Thought was a decent portion. Service was excellent, and staff friendly. Overall, a decent place to eat but hot food would make a huge difference, nans were piping tho!

1  Thank nursecsb