“Excellent Indian restaurant with great food and service”
Review of Fushia

Fushia
Reserve with OpenTable
Fushia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 493 Restaurants in Croydon
Price range: US$ 13 - US$ 26
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Fushia is an Indian restaurant with a difference. We use fresh ingredients and individually make each delicious dish to own special recipes to provide the authentic Indian cuisine. We aim to provide you with a wonderful experience from the moment that you enter, so that you will want to come back again and again. Our friendly staff cannot do enough to help you. This hospitality is extend upstairs in our banqueting suite, where we can cater for larger private functions. CLOSED ON TUESDAY
Reviewed 6 December 2016

I booked Fushia for a birthday party and the owner/mgr helped me in organising from food, decor to DJ. The staff is welcoming and all my guests were pleased with the service and of course mouth watering food. Price wise it is not cheap and thats what you pay for. The ambience of hall on firs floor is great like downstairs and is great place for 100 people in my view. I recommend their chicken dishes special chicken tikka. The place has a stage which we used for DJ. Overall a lovely experience, thanks to Fushia.

2  Thank Kapil M
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 24 November 2016 via mobile

My husband and I are very fond of Indian food and have tried most restaurants in the area. Tonight we tried Fuscia for the first time and are stunned by just how wonderful the food is and how attentive and lovely the staff are.

The 3 starters we shared were all very tasty and incredibly well seasoned.

The main courses were again impeccably seasoned and well cooked whilst remaining nice and light and not heavy at all. Absolutely beautiful food, very friendly staff and we'll definitely be back using the slightest excuse to eat out!

You really won't be disappointed if you eat here, the tastiest Indian food I've ever had.

Bloody lovely!!

1  Thank CatLadyVic
Reviewed 21 November 2016

this IS the place to impress your foreign cousins! Sri lankans from California! i had to give them a proper treat. so to Fushia, for the best of Sri lankan food which they were dreaming about. Fushia fulfilled their dreams!

1  Thank Shanthi R
Reviewed 19 November 2016 via mobile

2nd time we've ordered a takeaway from Fushia. The first time we ordered from this restaurant, the delivery was on time and food was outstanding; which was why we decided some months later to order again as a friend was visiting.

Today our meal (minimum spend £30) was an hour late. The order was placed at approx 6.20pm and arrived just after 8pm but was supposed to arrive by 7pm. After the stipulated 40 mins expected delivery I rang the restaurant and was told that the driver was stuck in traffic. I rang again ten minutes later to be told the driver was new and was lost and that we now needed to pay on the phone rather than by card reader when driver arrived. Another 10 mins later I rang back to be told that the rain was affecting the delivery. When the driver finally arrived he said a road was blocked by 2 women having an argument. The food on arrival was disappointingly (but not surprisingly) tepid bordering on cold as it had been in the car for an hour. I had ordered some egg hoppers which were cold on arrival and all the other food was tepid. It was just the delivery that was the problem today - if it had been on time, the food would still have been amazing as the first time we'd ordered from Fushia.

If I could give stars for their food, I would give them 5 but 0 for delivery. If you want good Sri Lankan food (and it really is good, particularly the egg hoppers and mutton kothu roti) order from here but collect it yourselves!

2  Thank 4,56,76,54,589
Reviewed 28 September 2016 via mobile

Been coming here on and off for a few years since they opened; have eaten in, had takeaway, as well as attended functions in their large banqueting suite upstairs.

The ownership changed a few years ago, so the cuisine style had altered from being Punjabi themed to now very Sri Lankan.

Food on the whole is tasty, and the chefs are usually accommodating of requests to alter dishes slightly in accordance with your preferences. I do however miss some of the old menu items that have disappeared; such as meltingly tender Malai tikka, or the zingy fish Hariayli. Also it's a shame the birianis are no longer served 'dum pukht' style; sealed with dough in a lidded vessel. That said, the Biriani we recently had was still very tasty and moist.

Last time we were here (on a very quiet Monday evening) the waitress very kindly offered to carry our crying baby, so we could sit and enjoy our meal whilst she kept him entertained! That was very nice of her!

We'll definitely carry on coming here on and off as we have done for the past few years. Another bonus is that they're on Tastecard, so have selected 2-4-1 offers across the menu.

1  Thank TVDinners77