“Late Lunch with family 👪 ”
Review of Crown and Cushion

Crown and Cushion
Ranked #10 of 124 Restaurants in Camberley
Cuisines: British, Bar, Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: At The Crown and Cushion we are proud to serve fantastic food and drink; classic pub food or specials to rival any restaurant, all freshly prepared. We also offer a Children's Menu, a Non-Gluten Containing Ingredients (NGCI) Menu and a Vegetarian/Vegan Menu. On Sundays, you can enjoy a Sunday Lunch. Roaring log fires in winter, cricket on the green in summer. Fabulous refurbished outdoor area with covered seating and heated pods.
Reviewed 21 August 2021 via mobile

A Late lunch with my sister who visited today, first time at the crown and cushion. Great staff, great food & reasonable priced, great atmosphere....definitely worth a visit.

Date of visit: August 2021
Barons D, General Manager at Crown and Cushion, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2021

Thank you for your excellent review and feedback! I am glad you had a great experience.

Write a reviewReviews (1,270)

Reviewed 21 August 2021 via mobile

Really quick service, lovely venue (we were sat right underneath the window ceiling) and really great food! Loved the variety of food there was (including vegan and gluten free). Would definitely come back.

1  Thank 179lucyo

Thank you so much for your lovely review! We look forward to welcoming you back again soon :).

Reviewed 16 August 2021

We have been coming to this pub over a number of years but have never had as poor a time as yesterday (Sunday 15th Aug). The wait for food was very long - so much so that we were only charged half price in the end. Starters took over an hour and mains took over 2 hours ! This is unacceptable in anyone's book. I asked the waiter if they were short of staff but he made no comment so we don't really know what the problem was. Drinks also took quite a while and the two soft drinks (the ones with fruit inside) were both the wrong ones and had to be re-done. Now we turn to the food. I had the chicken and ham pie which came with veg and mash. The pie itself was quite dry and I wouldn't order it again. Others had chicken and something or other and this also looked fairly dry and uninspiring. No-one wanted a pudding as we had been there over three hours and needed to go home. Now I don't know what problems they have got (staff shortages, staff being 'pinged') but this level of competence will not do and it's as well that people know this before booking. It didn't used to be this poor and we won't be returning in a hurry.

1  Thank timJ8761HD
Barons D, Customer Relations Manager at Crown and Cushion, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2021

I'm so sorry to hear about this disappointing dining experience. Please do contact me with details of when you visited and the booking name and I will look into this with the team and come back to you. My email address is: debbie.eke@baronspubs.com
Many thanks
Debbie
Customer Relations Manager

Reviewed 16 August 2021

I will not go back unfortunately, lovely setting and building. Service was poor and staff not very polite. Food was awful Sunday roast potatoes and veg hard very poor quality for an £18.00 meal and we waited a long time for our meals. Such a shame as bygone days this was one of a favourite places to go.

Date of visit: August 2021
Barons D, Customer Relations Manager at Crown and Cushion, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2021

Thank you for your review and feedback. I am so sorry to hear about this disappointing visit and please do get in touch with more details of when you visited and I will investigate and come back to you personally. My email address is debbie.eke@baronspubs.com.
Many thanks,
Debbie
Customer Relations Manager

Reviewed 15 August 2021

This pub is part of the 'Barons' chain. The menu offers a wide choice. Our meal was good and the food hot, the portion size was also good. The service/staff are friendly. Overall an enjoyable meal with a good standard of food at reasonable prices.

Date of visit: August 2021
Barons D, General Manager at Crown and Cushion, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2021

Many thanks for your lovely review and feedback, we do hope to welcome you again soon :).