“Fab place!”
Review of BEAR

BEAR
Ranked #1 of 8 Quick Bites in Uttoxeter
Price range: US$ 3 - US$ 13
Description: An independent coffee, kitchen and bar situated in the historic market town of Uttoxeter, England. Enjoy great coffee, cakes during the day or visit us on a Friday and Saturday night for flatbreads, pulled pork and shareboards alongside the wine, beer cocktails and gin on offer.
Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

Visited here with my daughter for a quick bite to eat and coffee, place is fab, food and drinks great too! Love places like this, staff and atmosphere is super. Definitely return ☺️

Date of visit: October 2018
Hattie S, . at BEAR, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2018

Hooray! Thank you so much for the kind review. I'll pass your comments on to the team - they'll be so pleased :D

Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

Amazing cocktails, food, and coffee. Everything it top quality. Try the espresso martini :) Great atmosphere, the staff really look after the customers. Pick up a loyalty card if you go in as you can collect stamps on coffee and cocktails. Every 10th drink free :)

Date of visit: October 2018
Hattie S, . at BEAR, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2018

Thank you so much for the fabulous review! I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit(s) :D
Haha, you can't beat a good old Espresso Martini, especially if it's free with a full loyalty card! ;)

Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

Called in for a late breakfast on a busy Sunday morning. Food and coffees were of the usual high standard plus excellent service. Keep up the good work !

Hattie S, . at BEAR, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Yay! Thank you so much for the fab review, I'm so glad you had a wonderful time :D
I'll pass your lovely feedback on to the team, they'll be so pleased! Looking forward to seeing you again soon :)

Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

I go to Bear regularly both in the day and at the evening and it is easily to best place in Uttoxeter. The food is amazing, I love the modern decor and menu and the casual atmosphere makes a refreshing change. The staff are the best thing about the place, they are so friendly, attentive and really value your loyalty. I'd definitely recommend to everyone!

Hattie S, . at BEAR, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2018

Thanks so much for the fab review, Gemma! We work really hard to maintain a welcoming, friendly atmosphere at all times of day so it's great to receive reviews like this. I'll pass your lovely comments on to the team - they'll be so pleased! :D

Reviewed 22 September 2018

In view of the new BEAR opening in Stone soon, I decided to breakfast here with my daughter, to sample any prospective delights.
From a customer service point of view, any kind of welcome was completely lacking, we were not advised how to find a table and order (at the very least a sign stating 'Please find a table and order at bar' perhaps?) and there was no acknowledgement of our leaving either, though I did attempt to make eye contact with staff. I realse that this can be tricky to acheive at busy times, but I observed that this was not attempted at any time. There was therefor no real opportunity to adress the particularly poor quality of my daughter's meal.We did find a table, which was not cleaned prior to our meal.
I ordered eggs benedict and an americano and was advised of a 20 minute wait, which was actually double that by the time it arrived.
The eggs were passable, though a little overcooked, and the thick cut ham, was neither thick, or of the quality that I would normally expect with this dish. Salt, pepper and sauce was in sachets, which we had to seek out for ourselves. This is ok in a greasy spoon, but I'd expect much more here. All this and the lack of interaction, seemed out of line with your business ethos. Neither the quality of the food, or the service were in keeping for an establishment, currently expanding and trading on its reputation.
The music (repeated heavy bass), seemed at odds with both the time of day and the primarily family and professional clientelle.
I would reccomend designating your top service staff to develop a custom made induction programme, encouraging higher standards, consistency and a more interactive approach to customer care. The staff seemed quite lovely people, but either overwhelmed, or distracted. And don't cut corners with the quality of produce.
If I hadn't travelled to Uttoxeter with the specific purpose of dining here, I would probably have walked straight out again.

Hattie S, . at BEAR, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2018

Hi Christine,

Thank you for taking the time to review BEAR. It's great to hear that you came to see us specifically to try us out prior to our Stone store opening, however I am very sorry that you were left disappointed by your experience with us. As a brand, we set our teams high standards of service to meet, and the lack of attentiveness does not meet or reflect these standards. We are currently working on developing an ordering system more heavily based around table service, rather than the casual coffee shop structure, which will allow us more opportunity to interact with every customer, and resolve any queries or concerns before they develop in to problems.

Thank you again for offering your feedback - we value every comment we receive from any & all of our customers as it helps us to continue improving and developing as we grow. Please rest assured that we are working with the store team to look in to the issues with your food and service and reduce the risk of them arising in future.

I really hope you'll come to see us once we're up and running in Stone, and allow us the opportunity to provide you with the great service and products from which we have developed our sterling reputation.

Many thanks and very best wishes,