“Travel stop”

Price range: US$ 9 - US$ 98
Cuisines: British
Good for: Groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: It is with heavy hearts, after 7 wonderful years, that we have to let you know that our time here is coming to an end. Due to the A50 expansion our landlords have decided not to renew our lease, so June 30th will be our last day of trading here at The Parks. We will be open as usual until then, so we look forward to serving anyone who is able to visit us before we close. Over the last 7 years we've fought a number of battles, but this time we just can't win. We'd like to thank everyone: staff, customers, friends and family - you've all made our time here so special. We have some fantastic memories of our time here at The Parks, and hope you do too. Thank you. X
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Phoned when passing Uttoxeter to see if they had vacancies for lunch, which they did. Made very welcome and fed well. Care was taken over my multiple food allergies. Only downside is the roadworks taking place nearby. Hopefully it will be beautifully landscaped when finished.

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

Myself and 7 friends went along with my daughter for Sunday dinner and it was excellent!! Meat and veg cooked beautifully - will definitely visit again

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Very good, food very good, welcoming fire staff very pleasant always great place live setting, despite all the road works around you don't notice

Reviewed 5 February 2018

Very good food ,staff good could be a bit warmer felt cold in the annex area. Table closest to the kitchen area needs to go could hear table equipment being prepared washed etc . Very helpful in making the afternoon a success.

Reviewed 28 January 2018

Companion and I came here for dinner on a whim. Haven't been for a long time. The individual bottle of Prosecco was very good, though at a high price - over six quid, ouch! Only one real ale on, but Doom Bar is a good beer and it was well kept. I was initially pleased when we were seated at the round window table, but we soon realised it was very cold there in this weather - guys, you need some curtains! Service was slow, the waiting staff seemed more interested in chatting with each other round the side of the bar, though they were friendly and competent when they did pass by. The menu says that dishes are freshly prepared, well fine but that doesn't explain why it took almost 20 minutes from ordering to be served with a bowl of French onion soup which has to be made in advance. The soup was very good, and a nice gluten-free roll to go with it, but I have never had such a small portion of soup in a restaurant in my entire life. I took a photo with cutlery and half a roll for scale; you can see that the soup is pretty much the same size as the half-roll. The soup spoon wasn't large, and the bowl contained eight spoonfuls - I counted. It tasted great, but really, why be so stingy when the ingredients are cheap? There was only one small piece of butter, too, which was hard as stone; my companion suggested I put it in my soup spoon and rest it on the soup for a few moments, which I did, and that helped, but it was still only enough for half of the roll. Then it took another 15 minutes for our main dishes to arrive. I chose another starter for my main course, the fishcake, which was excellent, with a side of veg: savoy cabbage and carrot sticks which were overcooked for my taste (think school dinners), sweetcorn which was fine, and peas which were wrinkled as if they'd spent too long in the warming trolley. My vegetarian companion chose the Spanish vegetable hotpot with rosemary roast potatoes. They were potatoes, but not like any roasties I've ever seen; dry and wrinkled, they seemed to have been keeping my peas company in the warming trolley. There were quite a few potatoes in the hotpot, too, and no sign of any protein whatsoever; not even any protein-rich veg, such as peas or mushrooms, let alone any almonds or vegan chorizo. How they have the nerve to charge £12.95 for a plate of simple veg which is mostly potatoes beats me, they must be laughing all the way to the bank. The meat dishes on the menu looked as though they might have been nice, I probably would have chosen one if any had been free range or locally sourced. My companion asked for a further half of Doom Bar and was brought a pint. My glass of Malbec was good, but again quite pricey at I think £4.75 for a medium 175 ml. We didn't bother with dessert, came home instead and filled up on cheese and crackers. Don't think we'll bother going again for another long time. Pity, it wouldn't have taken much to make this a really good experience.

1  Thank Helen K