“It’s just not good”
Review of Stone House Hotel

Stone House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Stone
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I was one of a party of 5 staying at this hotel. I was in room 53 and whilst sizeable, and clean to an ok standard, my bathroom stank like an ashtray. God knows how or why. Anyway, I complained about this 3 times over my 2 night stay. Nothing was communicated or done to acknowledge or action it. Nor was there any compensation. I did have a chuckle to myself when speaking with the man on reception about the ashtray Bathroom (for the second time) that I couldn’t believe I was the first person to complain about the smell as it was strong and offensive. He assured me I was a ‘one off’ complaint, until just at that moment another lady stood next to me dealing with another staff member said to me “oh, does your room smell too?” I replied “yes, what does your room smell of?” And she replied “cigarettes”. I imagine this was embarrassing for him. Perfect timing for me though.
The breakfasts were nothing to be writing home about, the staff here seem to struggle with volume of people (although I can’t fathom why it’s a popular hotel). I wouldn’t stay here again. Nor will I be recommending it. Another disappointing example of how independent hotel get simple stuff so wrong.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank hannah_apps

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

What a lovely, friendly Hotel.
Our room No 27 was on the ground floor and was extremely well maintained, spotless with one of the comfiest beds we have ever slept in complete with lovely fluffy towels in the bathroom.
Location was perfect for a walk into Stone and the Hotel boasted a huge, free carpark too.
All the staff we met were pleasant and efficient.
Would highly recommend.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night to attend a wedding at a nearby venue ,
Didn't eat there or use the facilities so can't comment.
The room we had was very dated, chipped paint And alot of stains around the room
Hotel has potential if they consider renovating.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank piglet1Uk
Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

Beautiful place in the Staffs countryside.
Michelin grade food at not Michelin prices!
Nice rooms, clean, room service in this not 4/5 star hotel, WOW!
Nice pool, gym, sauna for relaxation.
Staff very friendly and courteous at all times.
Great place to rejuvenate from busy city life!
Go there regularly to get away from London now.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

We visited this hotel for a family catch up and this was a central location before we went to Alton Towers the next day.

On arrival the hotel and grounds looked great, we parked up and then headed to the reception.

On arrival, we noticed a sign to say we are having a make over. Which there wasn’t any sign of any works happening. We headed over the the nightclub, sorry I mean reception. I had all these flashing lights which made the reception look very tacky. We asked to checked in, and the guy just looked at us as if we have disturb him from serving the internet.

We then paid for our room and went to our room, the room was nice and big but very dated.

The staff in the bar where friendly.

In the evening we tired to get to the bar and the lower ground was over taken by an external party, who thought that they owned to place along with a stuck up mayor. The staff didn’t what they cold for this party and forgot about the paying guests

The food is very overpriced for a 3 star, and if you plan on eating here be prepared to go out for another meal else where

We don’t be staying in this below standard hotel.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TurzanskiHotelKing
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stone
2.2 km away
2.2 km away
Travelodge Stafford M6
15.8 km away
Best Western Plus Stoke-On-Trent Moat House

Been to Stone House Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK